Windows 10 Install Drivers from 2015

MrSparky

OK so I've been having this issue for a while now. I want to throw my laptop out of my bedroom window. :-/ Alright so I go and install the AMD beta drivers for my AMD A10-8700p apu. Windows then thinks i'm on an older driver and installs the 16.12 driver. OK whatever, not that big of a deal. However what is pissing me off is that a couple of days later after reverting back to 16.12. It goes and installs a driver from 2015. Every time I go install the new driver, a day later it reverts back to the 2015 driver because it for some odd reason thinks that the driver from 2015 is "newer" than 16.12, which is from 2016. I went and disabled driver updates and it's STILL doing this. Windows keeps doing this entirely on it's own for some add reason or another. If I can't fix it i'm setting this laptop on fire in my backyard. :-/

You could just find the files it installs and make them read only xD. boggy as f*** solution that could work.

Also windows 7,8 or 10?

Have you tried fiddling with the windows update settings. I know their is an option for driver auto install thats not called "download drivers"

Possibly caused by error in registry. Perhaps one of those automatic register fixing apps will work?

4 hours ago, kris2340k said:

You could just find the files it installs and make them read only xD. boggy as f*** solution that could work.

Also windows 7,8 or 10?

Have you tried fiddling with the windows update settings. I know their is an option for driver auto install thats not called "download drivers"

If the group policy for that doesn't work, I sure as hell don't see that setting working either.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sorry, I'm on Windows 10 atm. Same thing happened before I reformatted my entire HDD and completely reinstalled Windows 10. Now it's happening again. :-/ Like I said I changed the setting to where Windows wouldn't automatically download and install drivers on it's own.