2560x1440 Surround with 3D all rolled into 1

dav1257

Does any1 else share my dream?

I am gettin sick of having to settle even tho we all know there is the capablility for so much more.

If u want 3D or 3 monitors or HD+ u have to choose.

I want it all rolled into 1 stupid epic rig.

Would u pay for this? Or would u even want it?

I definitely would. The thing that made me buy 1920x1080 res monitors was 3D, but I would love to see 2560x1440, or even 1600, with 120hz and 3D. It would be epic! But also it would require more resources, definitely have to have high-end GPU's. But it would be worth it.

Yeah thats what im gettin at with higher end gpu's n such like. Nvidia and intel especially can do so much more but just wont because they dont have to. Kinda sad that they will intentially prevent progress for profits.

I guess thats the name of the game tho isnt it.

Linus asks why we dont see 4k monitors but why make them if no1 can use them

the biggest obstacle right now is that none of the available cables have enough bandwith for 1440p 3d - but that should be solveable since there are 10Gb/s ethernet cables. Single link is 3.96Gb/s and dual link is according to wikipedia "Limited only by copper bandwidth limitations, DVI source limitations, and DVI sync limitations."

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Yeah thats what im gettin at with higher end gpu's n such like. Nvidia and intel especially can do so much more but just wont because they dont have to. Kinda sad that they will intentially prevent progress for profits. I guess thats the name of the game tho isnt it. Linus asks why we dont see 4k monitors but why make them if no1 can use them

It's more of Cabling as Profquast stated. To push all of those pixels requires insane bandwidth. To transmit 3D you need double the bandwidth of 2D I believe. When cables and interfaces catch up there will be a market for it.

AMD FX 6300 4.0GHz, Noctua NH-UB9 ASUS GTX 650 Ti DirectCUII, 12 GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz CL9. Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Samsung SSD 840 120GB, Hitachi Ultrastar 7200RPM 500GB HDD. 450W XFX Pro 80+ Bronze housed in a CM Silencio 550.

the biggest obstacle right now is that none of the available cables have enough bandwith for 1440p 3d - but that should be solveable since there are 10Gb/s ethernet cables. Single link is 3.96Gb/s and dual link is according to wikipedia "Limited only by copper bandwidth limitations, DVI source limitations, and DVI sync limitations."
Yeah thats a gd point actually. I wasnt even thinkin about dvi limitations. Dont know enough about it to comment