Need a little help in deciding before i buy em'

I've got a couple of questions which are relating to Storage,Cooling and CPU Change

Before i start off , Here is my current PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 

GPU: Strix GTX 960 

Motherboard: Asus B85M-K

RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB

PSU: Corsair VS550

Case Fans: 2x Corsair AF120's and 2x Corsair SP120's

Case: Corsair Spec 01

SSD: Kingston 120GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB

Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 3

So, I have been thinking lately of getting either a CPU or CPU Cooler. And i'm definately wanting to buy a  240GB SSD. Been looking at a SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250 GB SSD , Kingston HyperX FURY 240 GB , Kingston SUV400 240 GB.

Next up im thinking of either getting a  CPU Cooler or a CPU straight. In my mind im thinking of getting an i5 4440 or get a  CPU Cooler for current CPU, But honestly adding a aftermarket Air/Liquid cooler to a pentium doesn't sound logical to me.

So, That's my question to you guys, which SSD to buy & why. and Shall i get a CPU or a CPU Cooler?

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

7 minutes ago, MrHarv said:

So, That's my question to you guys, which SSD to buy & why. and Shall i get a CPU or a CPU Cooler?

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

I you want better performance in gaming I would suggest you to buy a new CPU like a Intel Core i5 4460/6500. I would go for the 6500 because they're a bit better than the older generation 4460. Keep in mind you will need a new motherboard if you buy the i5 6500. If you plan to buy an SSD I would suggest to get more than 240/250 GB because the capacity will increase rapidly. Go for the Samsung EVO Series, Kingston UV400 series or OCZ.

First off let me be clear mate, Like i have said in first post im only planning to buy the CPU i listed or a CPU Cooler for 60$ ish

Secondly, I currently have 20GB Free since i dont install any software on the SSD and its only Windows OS on it. Everything like software,games goes to my Seagate.

As for game performance i get 60FPS in the games i play. Here's a GIF of the games i play https://cl.ly/j4g6

Im thinking of an i5 because well i want more programs to run, Especially chrome tabs, Currently 15 pinned and 20 open next to them. Including this. Chrome is a system resource eater so wanted an i5. But will do what the community votes for.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, MrHarv said:

First off let me be clear mate, Like i have said in first post im only planning to buy the CPU i listed or a CPU Cooler for 60$ ish

Secondly, I currently have 20GB Free since i dont install any software on the SSD and its only Windows OS on it. Everything like software,games goes to my Seagate.

As for game performance i get 60FPS in the games i play. Here's a GIF of the games i play https://cl.ly/j4g6

Im thinking of an i5 because well i want more programs to run, Especially chrome tabs, Currently 15 pinned and 20 open next to them. Including this. Chrome is a system resource eater so wanted an i5. But will do what the community votes for.

Thanks.

i'd get the I5 and run it on it's stock cooler for a little while then pick up a coolermaster 212 evo when you can as it's a amazing budget cpu cooler. and i'd go for the Samsung ssd as it is quite a bit faster than the Kingston ssd 

get an I5 4460, it will be a pretty nice upgrade. the only reson to get a CPU cooler would be if you want a more quiet system seeing as you cant do any overclocking. i would recomend the UV400 or MX300 for an SSD, Samsung SSDs are great but they also have a pretty hefty pricetag that to me isnt worth it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Alright, Will be getting the CPU and @Squibbies18 How much difference of speeds? Current bootup time for me is 24seconds , Samsung one will give me 10 seconds>?

and yeah thats what i thought @Bananasplit_00 , that price tag aint worth it

2 minutes ago, MrHarv said:

Alright, Will be getting the CPU and @Squibbies18 How much difference of speeds? Current bootup time for me is 24seconds , Samsung one will give me 10 seconds>?

i have a UV400 and i can start up in around 10 seconds, its pretty great, but thats also partialy to do with the BIOS load time for my motheboard being pretty short because of quick boot :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, MrHarv said:

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Pro-256GB-vs-HyperX-Fury-120GB/2385vs2586

Meh, Still in my opinion not worth the money, Gonna buy the UV400 or MX300.

Thanks for all the help. Topic can be locked

1 hour ago, MrHarv said:

Meh, Still in my opinion not worth the money, Gonna buy the UV400 or MX300.

Thanks for all the help. Topic can be locked

nahhh...the ADATA SP550 is faster than the UV400 by 11% and cost the same...i have one and it's a very fast drive i recommend it:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/gf98TW/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp550ss3240gmc

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Kingston-SSDNow-UV400-240GB-vs-Adata-Premier-SP550-240GB/m137815vs3623

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Guys, im fkin confused right now. If i get the 4440 i wont be able to overclock it at a later stage when i buy motherboard. so right now shall i buy a motherboard or a processor?

Also can i clone my old one to the one i buy? If so . How?