What did I do wrong?

Chaicho

I booted up my new build and it won't send signal, and the gpu doesnt seem to turn on either heeelp.1486411605845194789300.jpg

give us more info than this uneventful photo please

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Need components and a better picture please. Is the monitor plugged into the GPU ?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, eigtball said:

Missing your 4 pin power to the board (near the CPU).

I connected it, now when i boot it up it makes about 5 beep sounds and then turns off

5 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Need components and a better picture please. Is the monitor plugged into the GPU ?

No, I plugged it into the mobo.

1 minute ago, Chaicho said:

the monitor won't display an image if it's plugged into the motherboard video output whilst a gpu is installed without the intel igpu drivers although that doesn't answer the beeps have you looked in the manual as to what the beeps indicate?

So now, everything is plugged in, and you turn it on and the fans spin up it beeps 5 times and then turns off and the fans stop spinning? Does the gpu fan spin up as well?

try removing your stick of ram and putting it in again/changing the slot from 1 to 2. And your ram is compatible with your motherboard? proper ddr# and an acceptable Mhz?

3 minutes ago, Chaicho said:

I should have said that a certain amount of beeps means ram or cpu etc. like code it might be 3 quick beeps or 3 beeps with a gap in between

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

the monitor won't display an image if it's plugged into the motherboard video output whilst a gpu is installed without the intel igpu drivers although that doesn't answer the beeps have you looked in the manual as to what the beeps indicate?

Manuals dont really seem to help either :/

What GPU is that? is the 6 and/or 8 pin power plugged in if it needs one?
That hard drive also looks to be mounted weirdly, are the connectors for that plugged in?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, Shog said:

So now, everything is plugged in, and you turn it on and the fans spin up it beeps 5 times and then turns off and the fans stop spinning? Does the gpu fan spin up as well?

try removing your stick of ram and putting it in again/changing the slot from 1 to 2. And your ram is compatible with your motherboard? proper ddr# and an acceptable Mhz?

I would say the same about ram slot some manufacturers prefer second slot for a single stick. Although speed shouldn't be an issue as the memory controller will just clock it down to a frequency it can handle. I'd deffinetly recommend re-seating the memory though and maybe the gpu as well or taking the gpu out and trying it with just igpu 

4 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

What GPU is that? is the 6 and/or 8 pin power plugged in if it needs one?
That hard drive also looks to be mounted weirdly, are the connectors for that plugged in?

it looks like one of those cases where the hdd mounts sideways bit like this case 

d912ad6c-fd03-4aa1-8e57-f4c5e21e14dd.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shog said:

Yeah man everything seems to be in order

Theres also a screw missing from bottom/right corner of the board

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

POST doesn't need Windows drivers to work, so that's unrelated.

@Chaicho what's the complete specs?

For the 5 beeps you should look in the motherboard manual, that should tell you what's the problem

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

POST doesn't need Windows drivers to work, so that's unrelated.

@Chaicho what's the complete specs?

For the 5 beeps you should look in the motherboard manual, that should tell you what's the problem

But doesn't the pci-e slot automatically disable on-board igpu if you have a gpu in the pci-e slot? it did on my old MSI board that I had back when Sandybridge was first out, the only way to enable it again was once windows and the drivers was installed so I had to plug my main display into dedicated gpu and then my secondary one wouldn't work until everything was set up as I used my igpu for my secondary display 

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

But doesn't the pci-e slot automatically disable on-board igpu if you have a gpu in the pci-e slot? it did on my old MSI board that I had back when Sandybridge was first out, the only way to enable it again was once windows and the drivers was installed so I had to plug my main display into dedicated gpu and then my secondary one wouldn't work until everything was set up as I used my igpu for my secondary display 

GPU vs IGPU is a BIOS setting as far as i know (at least it is on my Z170-A) so anything beyond the BIOS stage should have no affect on that sort of thing.

My Z87 shows both, so it might be related to BIOS settings, not drivers is what I meant ;)

16 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

GPU vs IGPU is a BIOS setting as far as i know (at least it is on my Z170-A) so anything beyond the BIOS stage should have no affect on that sort of thing.

14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

My Z87 shows both, so it might be related to BIOS settings, not drivers is what I meant ;)

ah maybe it varies between boards then my bad just a thought though as it was an issue i've come across in the past I thought I'd share just incase it was of any help 

2 minutes ago, Chaicho said:

Thank you a for your help. I'm an idiot and didnt put the ram hard enough fearing it would break. It booted up now finally, I appreciate all your guys help!!

Glad to hear you've fixed it. Have fun with your new build :D

ah maybe it varies between boards then my bad just a thought though as it was an issue i've come across in the past I thought I'd share just incase it was of any help 

Well looks like you were right as it was the RAM after all! xD

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Well looks like you were right as it was the RAM after all! xD

I thought it may have been although I wasn't the first to suggest it @Shog deserves the credit here as they suggested it first xD