Need help choosing fans for my build

Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,
5 hours ago, PrincipalFlash said:

Okay. So 2x140 in the front and 1x140 aer in the back for exhaust. Why no top fans? What fans would you recommend for the intake then?

The idea was that your X62 in the front is intaking, the 1x140 in the rear is exhausting. If you meant 3 AER fans in addition to the 2 stock fans included with the X62 then you could do as follows (depending on which size of AER you want), mostly for aesthetic reasons:

3x120 AER in the top exhausting
2x140 AER in the top exhausting + 1x140 AER in the rear exhausting.

Both of these configurations would be with the X62 intaking at the front. Its worth noting that without significantly slowed down exhaust fans you're likely going to be running with some negative pressure in your system (which isn't horrible, just less ideal for dust build up). You could combat this by using some of your 140mm stock case fans and set up a push/pull on your front intake rad to increase overall intake airflow (which will also reduce your CPU temps).

the reason I had not originally suggested top case fans is because they aren't really needed, and because your fan count dictated they should be used elsewhere.

Hello.

As the title says, I need some help choosing fans for my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/94Zq7h
I am planning on buying a hue+ to match with the cpu cooler to make some nice light shows in there. With the hue+ I was planning on buying 3 Nzxt Aer fans to match with the lights.
I've read that 2x140mm fans are better in the front then 3x120mm so that means I can put the x62 rad in the front or maybe that is a bad idea.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear but feel free to ask me anything that was unclear.

2x140 in the front of the enthoo TG is nice because then you don't have to open the basement and it keeps the aesthetic clean. 3x120 in the font would give you slightly more airflow but to make it fit you would need to open up that basement, ruining the aesthetic.

With that cooler and case I would definitely put just the X62 in the front and 1 exhaust fan in the rear, leaving the top completely empty. If you intend on investing in more fans I might recommend something else, but with 3 total fans that would be your ideal configuration.

also, i would even put another aer as the back fan and one on top if you have the budget to do that

35 minutes ago, PrincipalFlash said:

Best airflow to noise ratio will probably be getting 3 140mm Fractal Venturi Fans that can fit into 120mm fan spots

Also pick up a Sentry Mix 2
https://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Controller-Matte-Black-SEN-MIX2-M1/dp/B00DN3IT7M

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 hours ago, Zyndo said:

2x140 in the front of the enthoo TG is nice because then you don't have to open the basement and it keeps the aesthetic clean. 3x120 in the font would give you slightly more airflow but to make it fit you would need to open up that basement, ruining the aesthetic.

With that cooler and case I would definitely put just the X62 in the front and 1 exhaust fan in the rear, leaving the top completely empty. If you intend on investing in more fans I might recommend something else, but with 3 total fans that would be your ideal configuration.

Okay. So 2x140 in the front and 1x140 aer in the back for exhaust. Why no top fans? What fans would you recommend for the intake then?

2 minutes ago, PrincipalFlash said:

The fans have adapters that essentially turn them into 120mm fans, but you get the benefits of 140mm fans

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The fans have adapters that essentially turn them into 120mm fans, but you get the benefits of 140mm fans

What fans are you talking about? I am not planning on having the aer fans in the front since I don't get anything out of the led in them in the front. I am sorry if that came of a bit harsh.

5 hours ago, PrincipalFlash said:

The idea was that your X62 in the front is intaking, the 1x140 in the rear is exhausting. If you meant 3 AER fans in addition to the 2 stock fans included with the X62 then you could do as follows (depending on which size of AER you want), mostly for aesthetic reasons:

Both of these configurations would be with the X62 intaking at the front. Its worth noting that without significantly slowed down exhaust fans you're likely going to be running with some negative pressure in your system (which isn't horrible, just less ideal for dust build up). You could combat this by using some of your 140mm stock case fans and set up a push/pull on your front intake rad to increase overall intake airflow (which will also reduce your CPU temps).

the reason I had not originally suggested top case fans is because they aren't really needed, and because your fan count dictated they should be used elsewhere.

8 hours ago, PrincipalFlash said:

What fans are you talking about? I am not planning on having the aer fans in the front since I don't get anything out of the led in them in the front. I am sorry if that came of a bit harsh.

The Fractal Venturi fans in the video, they're 140mm fans that can fit in 120mm fan slots

Spoiler

On 2/6/2017 at 5:38 PM, Streetguru said:

The Fractal Venturi fans in the video, they're 140mm fans that can fit in 120mm fan slots

My bad. I misunderstood. Thanks for that. It looks like a perfect option. just gonna think about it for a little while but it seems like a fractal win this time.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:41 PM, Zyndo said:

I like the second option. So let's say: 2x140 AER in the top and 1x140 AER for the rear exhaust and then push/pull config in the front with the x62. Slowing down the exhaust fans so I can get positive air pressure.
Sorry if that was a bit confusing, I am not the best at explaining things but if I should do anything different just say.

2 hours ago, PrincipalFlash said:

I like the second option. So let's say: 2x140 AER in the top and 1x140 AER for the rear exhaust and then push/pull config in the front with the x62. Slowing down the exhaust fans so I can get positive air pressure.

Should work fine like that. and like I said earlier, positive pressure vs negative pressure doesn't really matter a whole lot and if you end up with a small amount of negative pressure its not the end of the world.