2-PC stream setup with NVENC

Hi, I will be upgrading my setup within the next few months from an AMD GPU to an Nvidia because of NVENC encoding (and some Nvidia-utilized softwares for school such as Maya with Mental Ray). Can a Celeron/Pentium be enough with this proposed setup. I only saw this on youtube and seems like this is the best option than buying a ~$200 Elgato from Amazon + ~$80-100 shipping/postal fees from my country (which sucks so bad). My only target will be 720p60fps, but if it can handle 1080p40 or even 60fps, that would be better.

My current setup:

- i3-4170

- 8GB 1600

- HD7750 (Will be getting a 1050Ti soon)

- 12MB down, 1MB up (the cost for upgrading the upload speed alone is roughly $80-100 more than its current, long story short, 12MB down and ~3-5MB up for $150 isn't worth it)

Target 2nd PC configs:
- Celeron/Pentium/i3(?)/A6(?)

- 4GB (depending on what socket/gen to use) (do I need 8GB as well?)

- Integrated graphics (?) (considering the stream session will only stress for a video player)

2PC Streaming setup.png

Spoiler

Why bother with the second PC to stream..? If you're going to be using a 1050 Ti for recording with NVENC (1st, don't use a 50k bit rate..) then just use that for streaming too.

you don't need a crossover cable. any cable will work. Why not get a faster single pc with a i7?

Also that pentium will struggle to do h264, but id just try it on your main pc now.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you don't need a crossover cable. any cable will work. Why not get a faster single pc with a i7?

Also that pentium will struggle to do h264, but id just try it on your main pc now.

cost of cheapest/used i7 here = ~$240 (converted)

cost of combined cost of targeted parts + low-qual case and power supply = $180

i can stream 720p but the fps jumps from a stable 50 to 25-30 during moba team fights

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dialgarocksful said:

i can stream 720p but the fps jumps from a stable 50 to 25-30 during moba team fights

then get a i5. also dont plug the pc into each other, get a switch, its just nicer that way

3 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

*psst* you can stream with NVENC

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

then get a i5. also dont plug the pc into each other, get a switch, its just nicer that way

i see. anyways, I could connect the second pc right into the "giveaway" modem from the ISP company that acts as modem, router, and switch

Spoiler

The point of a dual pc stream setup isnt the capture card ? I mean the way I see your setup there is no benefit using the second computer.

22 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

The point of a dual pc stream setup isnt the capture card ? I mean the way I see your setup there is no benefit using the second computer.

Hmm. What if I use my old i3-2120M laptop and use it as the encoder of the stream. Can it handle it even tho it's a bit old?

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

Hmm. What if I use my old i3-2120M laptop and use it as the encoder of the stream. Can it handle it even tho it's a bit old?

Not a pro, but I would say your actual laptop with USB capture card using HDMI passtrough (Like This),wouldnt impact your gaming pc perf at all.

Edited by Belzebuth

21 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

Not a pro, but I would say your actual laptop with USB capture card using HDMI passtrough (Like This),wouldnt impact your gaming pc perf at all.

This is why I can't resort to capture cards easily

qweqwe.png

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

This is why I can't resort to capture cards easily

qweqwe.png

I see it's very expensive, but I can't see another solution right now, sorry

2 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

I see it's very expensive, but I can't see another solution right now, sorry

no worries. my current resolution for this is either getting a higher processor or getting a measly pc that encodes vlc video and other "stream" stuffs (texts/twitch chats/donations/etc)

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

no worries. my current resolution for this is either getting a higher processor or getting a measly pc that encodes vlc video and other "stream" stuffs (texts/twitch chats/donations/etc)

I would suggest that you try the secondary pc encode with your laptop (or a pc that you can borrow), to see if your primary computer workload is less impacted.