Can't instal Ubuntu

Go to solution Solved by IdeaStormer,

It just gives me a kernel panic or it will only recognize 1 of my SSDs in RAID 0 any solutions?

Ubuntu will not recognize your RAID 0, it will end up writing to only one drive and not be able to finish the install (as you have experienced), I've tired many times (Intel SATA 68 & 77 chipset's) and no dice. You will need to install to a separate drive or break the RAID 0 array if you want to use those drives.

It just gives me a kernel panic or it will only recognize 1 of my SSDs in RAID 0 any solutions?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Are you installing it as the Main OS or as a secondary OS 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Are you installing it as the Main OS or as a secondary OS 

Seccondary but on a seperate partition

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Seccondary but on a seperate partition

ok well it depends what you downloaded, can you give me a link and tell me what you download and how you tried installing it(like with a usb or CD or just the installer they offer)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Installing ubuntu to raid has always caused me problems to the point where I just don't bother

I suggest that you split the mountpoints up over the two drives without raiding them.

Best option would be to have

root (/) and /usr on one drive

/home and /media on the other

Also as you have SSDs making /var/log and /var/temp unmounted (so files only exist in RAM as both directories are writeheavy)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Ubuntu will not recognize your RAID 0, it will end up writing to only one drive and not be able to finish the install (as you have experienced), I've tired many times (Intel SATA 68 & 77 chipset's) and no dice. You will need to install to a separate drive or break the RAID 0 array if you want to use those drives.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Can I install to a separate drive and move all the files to my raid array?

Can I install to a separate drive and move all the files to my raid array?

Yes, you'll have to install to a separate drive or a VM, although if the files are on the RAID array I'm not to certain you'll be able to see files that are on it. I haven't tried that.

Yes, you'll have to install to a separate drive or a VM, although if the files are on the RAID array I'm not to certain you'll be able to see files that are on it. I haven't tried that.

Ughh I guess I'lll just un-raid

Ughh I guess I'lll just un-raid

If you want to have the files on the Windows partition/install shared with the Ubuntu you should consider using VM's, this way you can keep your raid array and then run your Ubuntu as a VM and still access the Windows files.