Uh what did I do wrong

I just upgraded my CPU,motherboard ,ram, and cooler the new parts are a 6800k, 4x4 avexier ram dimms, gigabyte designaire x99 MB and the h100i v2 now upon start up I don't get any post I get 6 beeps and a black screen and I'm using my old drives and my 1080s which I've been using for months now without issue I'm thinking it's the ram but I'm not 100%

3 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

I just upgraded my CPU,motherboard ,ram, and cooler the new parts are a 6800k, 4x4 avexier ram dimms, gigabyte designaire x99 MB and the h100i v2 now upon start up I don't get any post I get 6 beeps and a black screen and I'm using my old drives and my 1080s which I've been using for months now without issue I'm thinking it's the ram but I'm not 100%

Check your motherboard manual for the beep codes and what they mean.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

It is a keyboard error from what I could find....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It is a keyboard error from what I could find....

But wouldn't that just display on the screen? Like "Keyboard Initialisation error" 

Try booting your system with only a single stick of RAM 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

But wouldn't that just display on the screen? Like "Keyboard Initialisation error" 

2 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

That's odd because I'm still using the same keyboard from my last setup

This is exactly what Gigabyte's website says:

6 short beep:Keyboard error

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, FireofDestruction said:

Single stick turns off then back on, repeatedly until I flip the switch in the back

You have 4  sticks and 8 dimm slots...try every stick in different slots :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, FireofDestruction said:

Single stick turns off then back on, repeatedly until I flip the switch in the back

Try using another keyboard...

I would check to make sure all ram slots are seated properly and also check any PCI cards as well.

does that motherboard support that cpu right out of the box ( correct BIOS )?

guess I'll edit........... have aps2 to usb adapter to plug the keyboard into the round port?

Single ram stick in the 3rd slot on the left got post

You either have:

1. Bad RAM sticks or
  2. A Broken motherboard

All 4 sticks alone managed a post on the left side of the board, but the right side couldn't get shit all 4 sticks are good but the ram slots on the right might be bad or I'm stupid and should have put the ram sticks on the right only if I had 8 sticks

All 4 sticks alone managed a post on the left side of the board, but the right side couldn't get shit all 4 sticks are good but the ram slots on the right might be bad or I'm stupid and should have put the ram sticks on the right only if I had 8 sticks

BTW, did you make sure to line up the notch....? Because the DIMM can click, even if it is not properly inserted...

4 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

I did try reseating the ram a few time no avail 

Have you tried turning it off and back on again

4 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

I did try reseating the ram a few time no avail 

Return it and get a refund. Then buy an X99 Taichi and spend $200 on something that truly matters

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Have you tried turning it off and back on again

You can't add RAM while the system is on, so he probably did that xD