Good gaming pc = good editing pc?

Just thinking, is a good gaming pc = good editing pc? 

Example pc specs:

i7 3770

rx 480

8gb ram

1tb hard drive (probaby small nowadays)

250gb ssd

Thank you 

3770 has 4c/8t so you should be fine editing and gaming for a couple years

CPU is a little old but still kicks ass because intel hasn't really done a lot in the enthusiast mid level i7 range in like 2 years

idk

Yeah. It should be perfect for video editing and 1080p gaming. And no 1TB isn't small. My system runs off a single 1TB HDD.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

3770 has 4c/8t so you should be fine editing and gaming for a couple years

CPU is a little old but still kicks ass because intel hasn't really done a lot in the enthusiast mid level i7 range in like 2 years

3 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

Yeah. It should be perfect for video editing and 1080p gaming. And no 1TB isn't small. My system runs off a single 1TB HDD.

Thank you for your fast replies. I'm at ease finally.

1 minute ago, Noobsters19 said:

Thank you for your fast replies. I'm at ease finally.

Your welcome. No problem.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

For good fast editing, do yourself a favour and go with 16GB RAM, otherwise you'll get angry ;) 

also for Editing 1TB hard drive can be really small, because videos tend to take so much space! Depends on what you are editing. Editing RAW gaming videos -> So incredibly large files, if you don't delete or compress it gets small really quick. Editing normal camera footage -> probably enough.

Anyways, you can upgrade it really easily if you notice that you haven't got enough space. So just stay with 1TB and upgrade if necessary :) 

If you buy it new, then buy an 7700 (with an H270 motherboard) or 7700K (with a Z270 motherboard) directly they have the same price as the older generations. If you allready have the CPU, stay with it its fine for both purposes!

9 minutes ago, MrHomes said:

For good fast editing, do yourself a favour and go with 16GB RAM, otherwise you'll get angry ;) 

also for Editing 1TB hard drive can be really small, because videos tend to take so much space! Depends on what you are editing. Editing RAW gaming videos -> So incredibly large files, if you don't delete or compress it gets small really quick. Editing normal camera footage -> probably enough.

Anyways, you can upgrade it really easily if you notice that you haven't got enough space. So just stay with 1TB and upgrade if necessary :) 

If you buy it new, then buy an 7700 (with an H270 motherboard) or 7700K (with a Z270 motherboard) directly they have the same price as the older generations. If you allready have the CPU, stay with it its fine for both purposes!

Yeah, I already have the CPU but the problem is the motherboard I'm using is from HP so it uses a proprietary power supply with 300watts (I think) so I have to build it from scratch and now having a hard time finding LGA 1155 motherboards. 16gb is currently out of my budget for now, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the reply! 

18 minutes ago, Noobsters19 said:

Yeah, I already have the CPU but the problem is the motherboard I'm using is from HP so it uses a proprietary power supply with 300watts (I think) so I have to build it from scratch and now having a hard time finding LGA 1155 motherboards. 16gb is currently out of my budget for now, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the reply! 

You can always upgrade the RAM as well just leave 2 of 4 slots free for example. Yes the 1155 socket is pretty outdated now as there are a lot of generations in between, I just had a look at it.

What is wrong with your motherboard? Is it damaged? 

If you want to buy a new rig, have a look at this combo:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.49 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($60.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $554.34

Its expensive I know, but the Processor is current high-end (the older models aren't cheaper anyways) with the cheapest Z270 motherboard and solid memory. If you have to buy something new anyways, I would save up money to buy a new rig. over 200$ for a new 1155 motherboard is too much. 

Maybe you can find one on ebay, craigslist or something similar in your country, that would be the best option to get your hands on a cheap 1155 motherboard.

34 minutes ago, Noobsters19 said:

Just thinking, is a good gaming pc = good editing pc? 

Example pc specs:

i7 3770

rx 480

8gb ram

1tb hard drive (probaby small nowadays)

250gb ssd

Thank you 

a quad core i7 and an rx480 should be just fine. if the editing program is slow for some reason, it will be your RAM. with at least 12GB(don't kill me for saying that because it is nonstandard) you will have no problems.

i like trains 🙂

30 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

a quad core i7 and an rx480 should be just fine. if the editing program is slow for some reason, it will be your RAM. with at least 12GB(don't kill me for saying that because it is nonstandard) you will have no problems.

Actually, I'm going to try install my existing 4gb of ram. I hope it works, if it does then I'll have 12GBs of ram. :) 

10 minutes ago, Noobsters19 said:

Actually, I'm going to try install my existing 4gb of ram. I hope it works, if it does then I'll have 12GBs of ram. :) 

yay! :) 

i like trains 🙂

I was editing with the same machine (only diff being the gpu) and it was kicking ass and gaming without issues for quite some time. It was still kicking ass before it became a hand me down.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

I was editing with the same machine (only diff being the gpu) and it was kicking ass and gaming without issues for quite some time. It was still kicking ass before it became a hand me down.

Oh, wow! That's another huge relief. Thank you!