Need a new keyboard

i really need a new keyboard as the one that i'm currently using is one from the Logitech MK120 bundle and the legs used to stand it up are broken off so i had to use my old Lego bricks to hold it up.

I have already got a good headset and mouse (Plantronicss rig flex and razer deathadder chroma) so the next thing i want to invest in is the keyboard (suggestion on the monitor would be nice too but i cant get both at once)

I was considering either the razer ornata chroma($159 AUD) or the razer blackwidow series (169-299AUD)(X or not, still want the chroma)

one thing i want to know is that is it worth getting one of them, else what would you guys suggest

if you do suggest another keyboard i was looking at something around 150-200 AU dollars (115-153 USD) and i want it worth using for both gaming and document typing. i don't mind if its clicky or not, but silent would be nice. i want it to be RGB configurable and be able to have a light effects (like an audio visualiser, seeming i can do it with my mouse)

i have provided an image of my setup (latest one i could find, some things are removed) so that it helps you deside if i should go 10-keyless or not (NOTE: the monitor is wall mounted so it can shift left or right to, so the tower rather going vertical on the table as shown in the picture, it can go horizontal, giving more room for the mouse and keyboard.)

Thanks a lot LTT Forums :)

IMG_0315.JPG

corsair strafe rgb

bw chroma is crap, chinese switches and razer's support is total shite. 

ornata is even worse, uses membrane switches like your current keyboard. 

idk

34 minutes ago, mozzie 98 said:

i really need a new keyboard as the one that i'm currently using is one from the Logitech MK120 bundle and the legs used to stand it up are broken off so i had to use my old Lego bricks to hold it up.

I have already got a good headset and mouse (Plantronicss rig flex and razer deathadder chroma) so the next thing i want to invest in is the keyboard (suggestion on the monitor would be nice too but i cant get both at once)

I was considering either the razer ornata chroma($159 AUD) or the razer blackwidow series (169-299AUD)(X or not, still want the chroma)

one thing i want to know is that is it worth getting one of them, else what would you guys suggest

if you do suggest another keyboard i was looking at something around 150-200 AU dollars (115-153 USD) and i want it worth using for both gaming and document typing. i don't mind if its clicky or not, but silent would be nice. i want it to be RGB configurable and be able to have a light effects (like an audio visualiser, seeming i can do it with my mouse)

i have provided an image of my setup (latest one i could find, some things are removed) so that it helps you deside if i should go 10-keyless or not (NOTE: the monitor is wall mounted so it can shift left or right to, so the tower rather going vertical on the table as shown in the picture, it can go horizontal, giving more room for the mouse and keyboard.)

Thanks a lot LTT Forums :)

IMG_0315.JPG

I have a Razer BlackWidow with Razer Green switches. It's a nice heavy keyboard, but I tend to rage and drop stuff, so far only one switch has broken on me (at the same time as I broke one of the legs from slamming my fist into it.) it held up well to me, but I noticed the switches were slightly different, I found it was mostly because some of the key caps are larger. Kailh isn't a bad maker, they're just not the best, but Razer seem to screen them pretty well, something about Razer reps in the factory or something. I've not complaints about it, I like mine, all clicky and responsive and shit. 

Yours faithfully

10 hours ago, mozzie 98 said:

Corsair STRAFE RGB!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402