Do Cherry MX Blue switches weaken gradually over time?

lolpwnd31
Go to solution Solved by Gix7Fifty,

Everything has wear and tear.

I rarely use my numberpad, but I decided to see what the difference in how the keys felt would be. The numberpad keys felt a little bit weightier and their click was more pronounced. Is this normal??

Everything has wear and tear.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Well... My trigger feels the same to me... Blue Switches. Even on the macro keys that I've never used...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

well cherry switches typically are rated for roughly 50 million clicks (or more or less, forgot the exact number). it should last a very long time. and by the time it goes out you would have tried another mech keyboard if that's your thing. 

Yes, as mentioned, they are rated for 50 M clicks, iirc.  It's conceivable though that, depending on the design, the spring may be getting weaker over time.  Any non-elastic deformation would permanently reduce it's height and applied force.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.