can consistency be taken as a non functional requirement when programming?

Shammikit

im building a desktop application using c# and a web site using asp.net.i have to create a document for this project.in that i have to write non functional requirements.i want to know if consistency can be taken as a non functional requirement?

non-functional requirements are just used to judge the performance and in programming consistence is a good way to do that. as long as you have a way to measure and compare it. 

I would consider that as a functional requirement. Because if consistency fails it will impact function, you will confuse people that use it (and your own application) with inconsistency, that is quite undesirable.

think of non-functional requirements as what criteria would make it not be considered working so i guess consistency might not be the best for that.

Wouldn't that be hamstringing the programmers? 

One thing when you're making a project for school or Uni - but when you're working on making something for your employer there are rarely manuals to describe precisely what you have to do. Even worse when there are more people involved.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB