What Video Editing program?

I came from the land of Macs where shit just worked all the time. I could fly through an iMovie vid with ease.

I now find myself in the ranks of the PCMR... and i feel lost, blinking blearily like a newborn at the glory of the PCMR.

I need a program, as good or better than iMovie (which shouldn't be hard, yet here I am...)

Come at me bros.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

I came from the land of Macs where shit just worked all the time. I could fly through an iMovie vid with ease.

I now find myself in the ranks of the PCMR... and i feel lost, blinking blearily like a newborn at the glory of the PCMR.

I need a program, as good or better than iMovie (which shouldn't be hard, yet here I am...)

Come at me bros.

I am being serious but Windows Movie Maker

Well, if you want to go free, stick to Movie maker

If you want to go professional, but free, go with Hitfilm 4 express.

If you want to go professional for money, go with Premiere Pro.

If you''ve got lots of money, go with Avid Media composer.

Imo, Premiere Pro is the best one out of these. (EDIT: I tried Hitfilm, it looks cool, but it's got some kinks in it which I don't like..)

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

sony vegas 

because there are uhh lots of

not gonna say it, you can google it.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Davinci Resolve Lite.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Davinci Resolve Lite.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Keep em coming! Looking at the Davinci Resolve now. I like that it's free, but i'm certain there are strings. very, very thin strings.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

sony vegas 

because there are uhh lots of

not gonna say it, you can google it.

google what? I have no idea what you're saying? Are there problems with it?

System specs:

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

google what? I have no idea what you're saying? Are there problems with it?

Lots of illegal tutorials on obtaining it illegally which you should not do since it's illegal 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Lots of illegal tutorials on obtaining it illegally which you should not do since it's illegal 

oh. well i have a PROFOUND respect for paying for products and services when i consume them.

System specs:

5 hours ago, knightslugger said:

Keep em coming! Looking at the Davinci Resolve now. I like that it's free, but i'm certain there are strings. very, very thin strings.

There aren't any strings apart from providing an email address before you can download it unlike hitfilm where you have to post to social media that you've downloaded it before you even get a download link.

9 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I am being serious but Windows Movie Maker

Doesn't look like it's supported anymore. did MS release a different version? Paid subscription with OneDrive or something?

System specs:

41 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Doesn't look like it's supported anymore. did MS release a different version? Paid subscription with OneDrive or something?

Windows Live Movie Maker works fine for me on Win10

First of all, Macs are PCs. Just prebuilt ones with proprietary OS. But since you can install Windows to Mac, its PC.

I moved to DaVinci Resolve from Blender VSE. I edit very little atm, just couple times a year. But Resolve was much more intuitive for me since I've used Premier, Corel Videostudio and some others in past. Blender has pretty steep learning curve compared. But its free and works in Linux, if you ever want to try out that route.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

First of all, Macs are PCs. Just prebuilt ones with proprietary OS. But since you can install Windows to Mac, its PC.

I moved to DaVinci Resolve from Blender VSE. I edit very little atm, just couple times a year. But Resolve was much more intuitive for me since I've used Premier, Corel Videostudio and some others in past. Blender has pretty steep learning curve compared. But its free and works in Linux, if you ever want to try out that route.

well if'n we're gonna be technical and all, you can install windows on an Apple computer, not a Mac as Mac is the OS, not the computer itself... I suppose you COULD install Windows to a VM inside Mac OS X, but then that's using another program to install another program, within another program. Program-ception.

but we're not gonna go there, are we... lol

I D/L'd the Free version of DaVinci Resolve last night, but i didn't get a lot of time to mess with it. I also D/L'd the trial version of Sony Vegas to see it it's any easier to more intuitive. Solid suggestions from what i've used so far though.

System specs:

19 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Windows Live Movie Maker works fine for me on Win10

Note:

Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.

It is no longer available for download.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13785/essentials-2012-release-notes

/that_idea

System specs: