Why ECC memory used ,for what purpose is it useful for vfx ,rendering such stuff ? Help me out 

3 minutes ago, OMKAR PATADE said:

Why ECC memory used ,for what purpose is it useful for vfx ,rendering such stuff ? Help me out 

stability where downtime isn't an option

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

It's only useful on servers when the time lost by sending invalid data that will have to be resend later takes more time than confirming if it's correct in the first place.

useful on databases and file servers so the data passing through the ram doesn't get errors.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

ECC uses a parity bit to check for storage errors. This bit is stored if there are odd number of 1's, so the parity makes it even. When data comes out, if the parity is zero and the number of one's stored is odd, there is an error. If there is a 1 and when added, the number of 1s is odd, then it there is a storage error. Not used outside of servers where time delayed in checking for errors is more beneficial than sending bad information. Imagine you download a file and it's always "corrupt" or couldn't be used properly without crashing. That's why parity is used.