Cheap School Laptop?

I have been thinking about getting a laptop for school. I really don't want to spend much on it and considering I already have a desktop at home I won't need much. I really will just use it for web browsing and typing papers on the go so I'd like it to be thin and light. I also want to spend only 200-300 dollars. I have been leaning towards getting a Chromebook since a 2-300 dollar windows laptop probably won't be the best. If I were to get a Chromebook, which one should I get? Or if there is a good windows laptop in my price range that would be great. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Garrison Marsh said:

I have been thinking about getting a laptop for school. I really don't want to spend much on it and considering I already have a desktop at home I won't need much. I really will just use it for web browsing and typing papers on the go so I'd like it to be thin and light. I also want to spend only 200-300 dollars. I have been leaning towards getting a Chromebook since a 2-300 dollar windows laptop probably won't be the best. If I were to get a Chromebook, which one should I get? Or if there is a good windows laptop in my price range that would be great. Thanks.

any windows laptop with a 6th gen Pentium and 4gb of ram is all you need if you want a Chromebook buy the same thing and do a dual boot with this https://www.neverware.com/freedownload

2 minutes ago, Luke D said:

any windows laptop with a 6th gen Pentium and 4gb of ram is all you need if you want a Chromebook buy the same thing and do a dual boot with this https://www.neverware.com/freedownload

older think pads are league above the cheap Pentium machines. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

older think pads are league above the cheap Pentium machines. 

not if he gets one with a 2nd gen Celeron, maybe if he got an i5 or i7. plus he'd have no warranty

2 minutes ago, Luke D said:

not if he gets one with a 2nd gen Celeron, maybe if he got an i5 or i7. plus he'd have no warranty

don't think he needs it but, that's up to OP. chose between a bit more power and 16 gb of ram or a Pentium or Celeron and warranty. 

On 1/31/2017 at 5:04 PM, Luke D said:

[removed]

fyi you can't post-ebay links also you can find cheaper ones with 3rd gen i5 and i7 for his price range. 

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed quoted post.

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

fyi you can't post-ebay links also you can find cheaper ones with 3rd gen i5 and i7 for his price range. 

that is time an effort to find a deal and could end up not winning, especially for someone at school. The best option (easiest and safest) is something new, not sure if there are 7thgen Pentium laptops, but they'd be half decent