Help with Build

Fluffinator

Recently my PC has been having a blue screen three times a day every day for a while so thought it may be time for a new one. Looking into water cooling possibly with a EK water cooling kit from there website or making my own loop, open to suggestions. Have a budget of around 2k and could reuse some of my old parts, wondering if anyone has any experience with the pre-made loop kits.

Right now I have a

i7-4770k

H80i

x2 SSD's in Raid 0 (planning on reusing)

2x8gb sticks of DDR3

3x 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM drives

rest of specs in description.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

3 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Recently my PC has been having a blue screen three times a day every day for a while so thought it may be time for a new one. Looking into water cooling possibly with a EK water cooling kit from there website or making my own loop, open to suggestions. Have a budget of around 2k and could reuse some of my old parts, wondering if anyone has any experience with the pre-made loop kits.

Right now I have a

i7-4770k

H80i

2x8gb sticks of DDR3

3x 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM drives

rest of specs in description.

First i would find out what is causeing the blue screens if you plan on reusing parts...

2 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

First i would find out what is causeing the blue screens if you plan on reusing parts...

it's a MEMORY_MANAGMENT error so I'm guessing the ram or OS I'll be getting new ram and re formatting all my drives so hopefully no more blue screens, I've reinstalled my OS many times and still get the same error so probably not the drives.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

10 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Why would you RAID 0 your OS?

It's maybe the motherboard or the RAM, just sell the PC or something man

some reviews of the EK predator stuff look dodgy on retail sites

This is pretty much all you need, wait for the 1080ti or Vega to upgrade your GPU, Going with an i7 7700K isn't going to be much of an upgrade, although waiting to see ryzen is maybe a better option for the money

Add in a 960 Pro if you want an almost uselessly fast SSD for your boot drive instead of RAID 0

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvW2BP
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvW2BP/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($409.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1133.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-31 12:32 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvW2BP
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvW2BP/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($409.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1133.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-31 12:32 EST-0500

So you think the 6800k will be a better upgrade then the 7700k what advantages do the X99 provide haven't really researched it much. Also is the EK kit really that dodgy? 

Edit: I see you link a AIO one, I meant a EK kit for a full loop involving the GPU.

4 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

So you think the 6800k will be a better upgrade then the 7700k what advantages do the X99 provide haven't really researched it much. Also is the EK kit really that dodgy?

You get 6c/12 threads for better multi-tasking, slightly lower Single Core performance for games, but it really won't be any real difference

Ryzen may get you 8 cores/16 threads for not much more money, certainly not the $1000 intel wants

2/5 and 3/5 on the 240 and 360 radiators

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=EK+predator&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You get 6c/12 threads for better multi-tasking, slightly lower Single Core performance for games, but it really won't be any real difference

Ryzen may get you 8 cores/16 threads for not much more money, certainly not the $1000 intel wants

2/5 and 3/5 on the 240 and 360 radiators

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=EK+predator&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Was thinking of something more like this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W4Z05631&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Liquid+%2F+Water+Cooling-_-9SIAC8W4Z05631&gclid=Cj0KEQiAiMHEBRC034nx2ImB1J0BEiQA-r7ctl8Jz1xqVqsCd5gmijQvAYJQRaMBNLMKAX9zMGLapSYaArf88P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 minute ago, Fluffinator said:

Wouldn't know about the kits, it's probably just their normal water cooling stuff in one box rather than trying to make an AIO

but it certainly doesn't cool 300% better than the Master Liquid Pro 240 at $99

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Wouldn't know about the kits, it's probably just their normal water cooling stuff in one box rather than trying to make an AIO

but it certainly doesn't cool 300% better than the Master Liquid Pro 240 at $99

Yeah but I feel like it'll be easier to add a gpu loop.

2 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Yeah but I feel like it'll be easier to add a gpu loop.

Naturally, or they make Hybrid high end GPUs usually if you want a water cooled GPU as well, Vega at least will probably follow the trend of the AIO the Fury X had, and the 1080ti will probably have hybrid models

Spoiler