Need a better display...

Zodiark1593

Below is a critical depiction of my room. I'm looking for a display that is reasonably large (27-32 inch) for use from my bed, but not ridiculously so. Have considered an ultra wide 1080P, though I'd prefer to find a 1440P or even 4K if the latter is close to my price range. Use case scenarios include, but certainly not limited to 3d rendering, some gaming, video consumption from bed, browsing. My budget is $250, though closer to $200 is better.

Currently using a 32 inch, 768P TV right now. I will consider a large 1080P monitor if there is nothing better within budget 

Bedroom_4.bmp

Edit: apparently, the forums do not support. Bmp image formats. Will fix later. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

That's a very clean room! :P

@TheCherryKing makes a good point about buying used. If you want new, Costco has some good deals all year 'round. I can't think of any other deals right now, too late for the holiday deals and too early for the tax refund deals. Maybe wait a few weeks for the tax refund deals! Uncle Sam inspires some pretty good deals :) 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

at that distance, i really dont recommend going with large resolutions, because the pixels really go to waste from the distance youre viewing it from.

i'd suggest digging around for the biggest 1080p TV you can fit on that stand, with as little "silly features" as possible.

silly features include;

- smart TVs, because all cheap smart TVs are junk

- eco TVs, if they have to advertise "eco" as their primary feature, they're junk (from experience here...)

- refresh rates beyond 60Hz, because we all know TVs dont do more than 60Hz (specific warning for "2400Hz refresh rate" :P)

- facy remotes of any variety

- if you go pick it up at a store, if it's not playing the exact same video as all the rest, that's for a reason, avoid those xD

21 minutes ago, manikyath said:

at that distance, i really dont recommend going with large resolutions, because the pixels really go to waste from the distance youre viewing it from.

i'd suggest digging around for the biggest 1080p TV you can fit on that stand, with as little "silly features" as possible.

silly features include;

- smart TVs, because all cheap smart TVs are junk

- eco TVs, if they have to advertise "eco" as their primary feature, they're junk (from experience here...)

- refresh rates beyond 60Hz, because we all know TVs dont do more than 60Hz (specific warning for "2400Hz refresh rate" :P)

- facy remotes of any variety

- if you go pick it up at a store, if it's not playing the exact same video as all the rest, that's for a reason, avoid those xD

I will be close to it as well. I need the display to be competent up close, and far away as well. Video watching and gaming is done from afar. I use Blender up close. 

37 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That's a very clean room! :P

@TheCherryKing makes a good point about buying used. If you want new, Costco has some good deals all year 'round. I can't think of any other deals right now, too late for the holiday deals and too early for the tax refund deals. Maybe wait a few weeks for the tax refund deals! Uncle Sam inspires some pretty good deals :) 

Regrettably, my whims do not tend to follow sales nor product releases. 

My eyes see the past…

If nothing else, there is a 27 inch, IPS 1080P AOC panel at Wal Mart for $170.

My eyes see the past…