R9 Fury causes Computer to reboot when gaming

Ever since I installed the Sapphire R9 Fury (non X) graphics card I have been experiencing abrupt reboots to my computer when gaming. I have tried upgrading to the latest bios, reinstalling Windows, uninstalling drivers using DDU, and trying multiple drivers provided by AMD (to be specific: Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1, 16.12.2,16.11.4, and even the Catalyst 15.7) and still no luck. The games I normally play are Heroes of the Storm, Battlefield 1, and Dishonored 2. For Heroes of the Storm it normally reboots in the middle of the game and sometimes at the beginning. I have not confirmed this but when turning down the settings; the PC did not restart for the rest of the round (I will report back when I get the chance to play again). For Battlefield 1, it has caused my computer to reboot itself during the campaign but never has it done so when playing PVP (even on ultra). Dishonored 2 is the most disappointing one as it reboots as soon as the start menu loads up. I have also tried verifying the files and reinstalling these games but the same thing still happens. The normal temperature I’d get from Battlefield 1 on ultra is around 80C. I have just recently put it under Heaven (benchmark software) for four hours and it’s fine. However, whenever I use Furmark, both monitors would sometimes go black after 15 minutes and has caused the computer to reboot once. Both software have caused the R9 Fury to rise up to 80C-85C. I have also tried using a PSU testing device and everything seems to run fine according to the picture below. However, I am not sure if this a valid test as I believe it is unable to test the PSU under a heavy load as it's required that I hook the cable only to the device shown in the picture provided when using it. I am running out of options as this is the second R9 Fury I have tried and both have the exact same issue.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Z87 Pro

GPU: Radeon Sapphire R9 Fury

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3

PSU: Corsair HX 750

CPU: i5 4670K

SSD: Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow

HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM

2017-01-23+13.32.03.jpg

If you have tried two gpu's and have the same issue, then the issue is not the gpu.
You should try with another psu

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

is aything OC'ed? if so, restore everything to factory and see if that helps.

Try another PCI-E slot.  

work rig

cpu: AMD 5800X mb: Pro WS X570-ACE cooling: NH-D15 ram: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz ssd: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB, 860 Evo 512GB   hdd: 4TB Seagate, 320GB gpu: Asus RTX-1060 6GB psu: Corsair RM750x display: Philips 32" 4K case: Fractal Design Define R6 Black

home lab and NAS

cpu: Xeon E5-2697 v2 (12c/24t) mb: Rampage 4 Black Edition cooling: Hyper 212 EVO ram: 64GB Corsair 1866mhz ssd: 2x Intel DC S4610 (480GB), 2x Intel DC P3605 (1.6 TB)  hdd: 4x Seagate IronWolf 4TB CMR, Seagate Exos 7E8 8TB, WD VelociRaptor 10K 450GB  gpu: Asus GTX-660 psu: Corsair HX850i case: Corsair 750D

I had a similar problem with my first build, however that was due to having an under-performing PSU. That being said make sure that you also check your CPU usage throughout as well, seeing that it has occurred across two GPUs it is fully possible that it may be causing the problem. It could also be a problem with your boot device or your OS. I'm no expert when it comes to operating systems but it could be possible that it is trying to access corrupted resources used in booting or running games, however that's more of a  guess than a solution.

I wish I could be more useful but i hope everything works out.

Cut the gpu's power limit by 50% in wattman or trixx, that will give you a better idea if its power delivery. but as said already if the same problems is happening with multiple cards its safe to say its not the cards fault,

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

sound driver conflicts. disable or uninstall the ones you're not using. don't let windows reinstall them.

49 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Underclock it, lower the amount of power available to it as well.  Then test again.

Thank you very much! This seems to work. After using MSI Afterburner to lower the voltage down to -48V the computer is now able to load the Dishonored 2 without crashing immediately. I will futher test this and configure it some more tomorrow, and thanks again! However, I do have one question though. Does this confirm leelaa14's suspicions about my PSU being faulty and that I should send my Corsair HX-750 in for repair?

2 minutes ago, DangerousPirate said:

Thank you very much! This seems to work. After using MSI Afterburner to lower the voltage down to -48V the computer is now able to load the Dishonored 2 without crashing immediately. I will configure it some more tomorrow, and thanks again! However, I do have one question though. Does this confirm leelaa14's suspicions about my PSU being faulty and that I should send my Corsair HX-750 in for repair?

That is likely, but not necessarily the conclusion... yet.

I would contact Sapphire and tell them your story, and your findings regarding lowering the clock and power requirement.  It might be a card issue.

1.  A new PSU is one way to test the theory.  This costs you though.

2.  Slowly ramp up the clock again and manually control the fans to spin at a high level (60%-80%, maybe even 100% if you can handle the noise).  Increase the voltage only when the card is unstable.  This is free.

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

That is likely, but not necessarily the conclusion... yet.

I would contact Sapphire and tell them your story, and your findings regarding lowering the clock and power requirement.  It might be a card issue.

1.  A new PSU is one way to test the theory.  This costs you though.

2.  Slowly ramp up the clock again and manually control the fans to spin at a high level (60%-80%, maybe even 100% if you can handle the noise).  Increase the voltage only when the card is unstable.  This is free.

Welp... it still does the same for Heroes of the Storm. I hope Sapphire has some answers or at least a new PSU is the key.

3 minutes ago, DangerousPirate said:

Welp... it still does the same for Heroes of the Storm. I hope Sapphire has some answers or at least a new PSU is the key.

Are the fans on the GPU working?  Make sure you are cooling the card properly.  I suggest manually setting the fans to spin, maybe 60%.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Are the fans on the GPU working?  Make sure you are cooling the card properly.  I suggest manually setting the fans to spin, maybe 60%.

Alright, I will give it a shot. You've been a great help, have a wonderful day.

On 1/30/2017 at 1:37 AM, stconquest said:

Yeah, they're working and even after lowering the RPM it still does so. Sapphire also suggest swapping out the PSU, so after heading home I will contact Corsair for another unit.