R7 250 2GB not found in Device manage

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Try whatever bios is available for 64 bit Windows 7 or 8 (if you're using 64 bit OS).  Actual support for your desktop probably ended well before Windows 10 was released which is why that's the case.

yea i back dated it to windows 7 and updated to the latest bios. even tried to get uefi to boot but no luck :(

5 minutes ago, Dctchdt said:

r7 250 + 500 watt = fans spin and the tv/montior seem to detect it thought but can't display (vga to motherboard make's it boot)

r7 + 700 watt = the tv/montior seem to detect it thought but can't display (vga to motherboard make's it boot)

4 minutes ago, Dctchdt said:

yea i back dated it to windows 7 and updated to the latest bios. even tried to get uefi to boot but no luck :(

Sorry then, it sounds like the motherboard pcie just isn't giving it enough juice.  You'll need to go to another board for better graphics.

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Sorry then, it sounds like the motherboard pcie just isn't giving it enough juice.  You'll need to go to another board for better graphics.

Should i replace the card with something Older 

or 

Buy a new Socket 1155 motherboard (has a I3 2120 atm)

or 

buy new Motherboard and Cpu 

This rig is for my Dad and he only plays like command and conquer and world of warships so don't need anything to powerful

15 minutes ago, Dctchdt said:

Should i replace the card with something Older 

or 

Buy a new Socket 1155 motherboard (has a I3 2120 atm)

or 

buy new Motherboard and Cpu 

This rig is for my Dad and he only plays like command and conquer and world of warships so don't need anything to powerful

I think a replacement 1155 motherboard would do the job.  You may also need a new case and cpu cooler unless the HP one has a standard ATX form factor.

Otherwise if you think he'll be comfortable on something older, then yes you could try an OEM radeon 7570 or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

I think a replacement 1155 motherboard would do the job.  Maybe a new case and cpu cooler unless the HP one takes standard ATX form factor.

it's a new case I think's it nzxt 

and any suggest's for the socket 1155

Case.jpg

I would try running ddu again a couple times and reinstall drivers a couple of times.  I just had issues like this with my r7 240 in my gf's pc and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't install the drivers even after running DDU.  I ran DDU again and installed drivers twice since it didn't seem to work the first time :D

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

13 minutes ago, Dctchdt said:

it's a new case I think's it nzxt 

and any suggest's? 

Case.jpg

That's a diypc. Only supports microatx.

If you go the new motherboard route, a cheap case will do fine.  Just make sure the form factor is correct.

And an LGA 1155 motherboard.  Pick something aftermarket.

Here's the 7570 if you would rather go that way and try something low end.

10 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I would try running ddu again a couple times and reinstall drivers a couple of times.  I just had issues like this with my r7 240 in my gf's pc and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't install the drivers even after running DDU.  I ran DDU again and installed drivers twice since it didn't seem to work the first time :D

If the issue was just in his OS I would agree with that suggestion, but later in the thread it was revealed the card is not even recognized in bios (iGPU worked instead).  At this point it's not worth the effort.

5 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I've mess with them alot and just doesn't want to work the Amd installer downloads but doesn't detect the gpu so it cancels it 

20 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

That's a diypc. Only supports microatx.

If you go the new motherboard route, a cheap case will do fine.  Just make sure the form factor is correct.

And an LGA 1155 motherboard.  Pick something aftermarket.

Here's the 7570 if you would rather go that way and try something low end.

If the issue was just in his OS I would agree with that suggestion, but later in the thread it was revealed the card is not even recognized in bios (iGPU worked instead).  At this point it's not worth the effort.

yea ill refund that r7 and maybe pick one up 

Tried to update the ddr like 20 time's