So recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU and also GPU. I've got my i5-6600k to get to a nice 4.6 Ghz. I've been using AIDA64 to stress test my CPU and everything seems just fine. I ran the test for 9 hours and nothing failed on me. So I went on and overclocked my GPU. I used manual settings on the Gigabyte Extreme app and after playing games for awhile, my computer went into blue screen. I've set all settings back to default for my GPU and I'm abit terrified of doing anything to it now. How can I safely overclock my GPU and did I wrecked anything up to this point?

PS. I've changed my fan settings too and my CPU temp is around 35 at idle and 50-60 on load. Is that temperature perfectly normal?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($306.25 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($187.95 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($138.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.85 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($365.98 @ NCIX) 
Case: Thermaltake View 27 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($81.99 @ NCIX) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ NCIX) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM  120mm Fans  ($33.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM  120mm Fans  ($33.98 @ DirectCanada) 

blue screening while doing something is just sign of an unstable overclock (likely GPU if you didn't have it with JUST the CPU overclock), either you need to bump the voltage or drop the overclock just a little bit.

21 minutes ago, hkeatmy said:

-SNIP-

It's nothing to worry about but that just means that the overclock on the GPU was either too high or there wasn't enough voltage or power for it to sustain it, on the Nvidia cards you don't really have much of a worry as long as temps are good as they physically limited the max voltages on the cards itself.

If you tested it in something trustworthy (Prime95 for example), then you should check your GPU, back to stock then increase it in small portions (Core and memory separately), something like 20MHz should be fine.