SSD Keeps Disapering

hey guys, so about a month ago a bought the silicon power s55 480gb ssd. and ever since i got the thing it will work from anywhere from 2min to 30min then will just disappear and i cant see it in the drive partition menu and cant read and write to it. i tried taking it out of the compute to let it rest and it worked a little longer but still does not work, i have also tried different ports on the mother board and didn't work, i also went as far as getting a new psu for my pc and it still dosent work!

Thank you in advance!

If you have a secondary computer or a USB to SATA adapter you could try it is there to see if you have different results. But I think your probably looking at a defective drive. :(

6 minutes ago, kabouse123 said:

hey guys, so about a month ago a bought the silicon power s55 480gb ssd. and ever since i got the thing it will work from anywhere from 2min to 30min then will just disappear and i cant see it in the drive partition menu and cant read and write to it. i tried taking it out of the compute to let it rest and it worked a little longer but still does not work, i have also tried different ports on the mother board and didn't work, i also went as far as getting a new psu for my pc and it still dosent work!

Thank you in advance!

Did you try using CrystalDiskInfo? It will detect any errors/failures of the SSD. Otherwise you may be looking at a defective drive. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

14 minutes ago, kabouse123 said:

Thank you in advance!

Is there any such function like power off the SSD after some period of time or some thing like that in settings (I'm not sure and just guessing). If not, then most likely is a defect drive.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Had this problem, turned out to be shit sata cables.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)