[URGENT] cant boot from ssd

Lolcrokn
Go to solution Solved by Thony,
6 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

Its not even listed in boot menu i mean it is when i go ahead and go for like boot menu but not in bios only if i press f11 ... when i go into f2 aka bios its only found under advanced and not in boot

If u unplugged the hdd and then went into bios boot amd its not there or called something else (is there another device with same size ?) then u need to wipe the ssd and install OS again. This time do it without HDD plugged in. Just have SSD plugged when u install your OS. 

U need to format your HDD as well, becauae u cant have 2 OS drives running at the same time (unless u want windows to ask u which drive / account u want to use).

If you have more partitions on your HDD then u can just format the C (thats where your OS is) and all other partitions will be untached and functional. But if u only have one partition then u lose everything on that HDD.

I just installed windows on ssd but i cant seem to find it in bios under boot but I can find it in advanced storage and sht 

It gets me to booting from either volume 2 or 4 - 2 is hard disk which works and 4 is ssd which fails on me and gives me options to either boot from other windows or try again which doesnt work. So i always end up letting it boot from hard disk.

What am i supposed to do 

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

Try reinstalling windows on the SSD.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Well is there an OS on the HDD? If so try removing that so it has no other choices for what to boot from. I've had Windows Boot Manager act really strange like this before. If it's an M.2 SSD then maybe there is some setup in the BIOS you haven't done yet, otherwise maybe you just have a dead SSD, or a screwed up Windows install.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Well is there an OS on the HDD? If so try removing that so it has no other choices for what to boot from. I've had Windows Boot Manager act really strange like this before. If it's an M.2 SSD then maybe there is some setup in the BIOS you haven't done yet, otherwise maybe you just have a dead SSD, or a screwed up Windows install.

I dont think ssd is dead windows recognizes it aswell as bios itself but not under boot 

So in your Bios the SSD is not listed or what?

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

sounds like you cloned the HDD to teh SSD

i did this my first time as well

All i had to do was unplug my HDD and let the pc boot into the SSD

then once it was booted into windows i formatted teh HDD to remove its windows install that was on it

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Unpkug the hdd and thwn go to bios and change it to SSD.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

Unpkug the hdd and thwn go to bios and change it to SSD.

Its not even listed in boot menu i mean it is when i go ahead and go for like boot menu but not in bios only if i press f11 ... when i go into f2 aka bios its only found under advanced and not in boot

3 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

If u unplugged the hdd and then went into bios boot and its not there or called something else (is there another device with same size ?) then u need to wipe the ssd and install OS again. This time do it without HDD plugged in. Just have SSD plugged when u install your OS

. I think u will have to format the HDD because u cant have 2 drives woth se OS on them running at the same time.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

If u unplugged the hdd and then went into bios boot and its not there or called something else (is there another device with same size ?) then u need to wipe the ssd and install OS again. This time do it without HDD plugged in. Just have SSD plugged when u install your OS. 

Is it possible that it gives me 0x000000e error and it wouldnt give me if i unplugged hdd

6 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

If u unplugged the hdd and then went into bios boot amd its not there or called something else (is there another device with same size ?) then u need to wipe the ssd and install OS again. This time do it without HDD plugged in. Just have SSD plugged when u install your OS. 

U need to format your HDD as well, becauae u cant have 2 OS drives running at the same time (unless u want windows to ask u which drive / account u want to use).

If you have more partitions on your HDD then u can just format the C (thats where your OS is) and all other partitions will be untached and functional. But if u only have one partition then u lose everything on that HDD.

4 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

Is it possible that it gives me 0x000000e error and it wouldnt give me if i unplugged hdd

I added more to my previous post, have a look.

U must turn the pc off, unplugg the HDD, turn on the pc, go to bios and look for that SSD. 

If u did this and u get error then ita possible the OS on your SSD doesnt work.

Hopefully this all makes sense to you. Im sure theres a better way to say it but im not that good at explaining :D

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

I added more to my previous post, have a look.

U must turn the pc off, unplugg the HDD, turn on the pc, go to bios and look for that SSD. 

If u did this and u get error then ita possible the OS on your SSD doesnt work.

But If i format a drive i will lose all data including windows which would kinda fk me over if this SSD doesn't work out.
I think I should just try unplugging HDD and I will update it from there 

1 minute ago, Lolcrokn said:

But If i format a drive i will lose all data including windows which would kinda fk me over if this SSD doesn't work out.
I think I should just try unplugging HDD and I will update it from there 

I thought u already tried that :D go do that then worry aboout having to do windows installation all over again (takes only 15-30 mins anyway)

1 hour ago, Thony said:

I thought u already tried that :D go do that then worry aboout having to do windows installation all over again (takes only 15-30 mins anyway)

I ran into an issue of being able to run system on SSD normally BUT ONLY if I boot with boot options AKA with pressing F11 firstly -- It still gets me to choosing between volume 2 or 4 because I haven't yet uninstalled windows  
If i just let it go by itself it just makes me choose between volume 4 and 2 - only volume 2 seems to work in that case 

13 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

I ran into an issue of being able to run system on SSD normally BUT ONLY if I boot with boot options AKA with pressing F11 firstly -- It still gets me to choosing between volume 2 or 4 because I haven't yet uninstalled windows  
If i just let it go by itself it just makes me choose between volume 4 and 2 - only volume 2 seems to work in that case 

Strange. I would personally bite the bullet and wipe both drives and start from scratch. Unless someone gives u better option, this is your choice atm.

28 minutes ago, Thony said:

Strange. I would personally bite the bullet and wipe both drives and start from scratch. Unless someone gives u better option, this is your choice atm.

Alright got the boot priority working
apperently i didn't save changes but then again i ran into a different problem which is black screen saying
"Reboot and select proper boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device"

2 hours ago, Lolcrokn said:

Alright got the boot priority working
apperently i didn't save changes but then again i ran into a different problem which is black screen saying
"Reboot and select proper boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device"

I dont have any other solution for you. Hopefully someone else will. In meantime try searching "tomshardware" forum. I often find answers there when I run into a problem.