Extending my wifi signal

Syehino

Hi guys,I wanted to extend my wifi signal range because my default router given by my isp is not that great . Im looking to extend the signal about 20-30 meter outside my house and would to know if this repeater can do the job http://www.tp-link.com/ph/products/details/cat-12_TL-WA801ND.html. Also,will this repeater work with my current router or will there any possible problem ? Thank you and sorry for the lame question,I dont know much about networking.

I wouldn't use a repeater. If you're looking to extend the signal outdoors, an outdoor AP unit (powered over ethernet) would be a much better solution.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I agree with @knightslugger . If you can get ethernet to roughly where you want to put the AP you should get something like a Unifi AP AC lite. It's about triple the price of your repeater you got going on there but trust me: Once you go enterprise wifi, you NEVER go back.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

7 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

I wouldn't use a repeater. If you're looking to extend the signal outdoors, an outdoor AP unit (powered over ethernet) would be a much better solution.

I would if I had the money to , but Im currently limited to that .. I actually wanted to install the AP in another my brother's house, he is not a heavy use and only uses about 2 mobile and a laptop for browsing.Currently he got very unreliable connection (one bar and disconnection constantly).So I'm hoping to put the AP in his house and connect to my router wirelessly.

Same recommendation, but with one addition.  Don't use the extender.  If possible, use a wireless AP and see how close you can get to where you want to run the signal.  Find one that has removable antennas and replace it with higher gain Yagi antennas.  You'll see major increase in distance and signal strength, for fairly little cost.

all a Yagi will do is take the signal and focus it into a rather narrow beam. signals from the sides and rear will be diminished considerably. This is a great solution for long distance links, but not so much for small confined broad areas.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Trying to tie the signal to a specific location is generally a perfect fit for a Yagi.  Especially, if deciding to do a client bridge.  Placing a higher gain omni-directional antenna will still help the situation, but again, he's trying to send the signal to a specific location.