Audio gremlin with samsung

Hey everyone I need some help with a weird gremlin. Forgive me for not knowing model names of each component, but, I have a Samsung tv, Samsung sound bar with wireless sub, and as of late, a Samsung 4k bluray player. Before the bluray player, everything worked perfectly. Once I hooked up the bluray player, anynet would seem to freak out once in awhile and turn the bluray player on and off when I wasn't even wanting to use it, just the TV and soundbar. I didn't think anything of it, so I just left it and thought I'd look up why it did that later. Now, all of a sudden, my soundbar is not outputting any audio. The soundbar is hooked up by a single HMDI cable (which I find odd, but that's what the instructors say) from the TV ARC HDMI to the sub. I'm thinking maybe it's the HDMI that is bad? What else could it be?

i have had problems with cheap HDMI cables but not the ones that come with samsung gear. I have a samsung TV and blueray player but i dont have a sound setup using HDMI, i use optical. i just looked up the samsung soundbar; can you use the optical or bluetooth inputs? the turning on and off is weird. Do you want to draw a diagram of how your three devices are connected? I'm better with pictures than words.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

8 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i have had problems with cheap HDMI cables but not the ones that come with samsung gear. I have a samsung TV and blueray player but i dont have a sound setup using HDMI, i use optical. i just looked up the samsung soundbar; can you use the optical or bluetooth inputs? the turning on and off is weird. Do you want to draw a diagram of how your three devices are connected? I'm better with pictures than words.

I disconnected the bluray player so that's not the issue.. but here is the drawing. I kept the bluray player in there just cause.

Screenshot_20170125-181638.png

12 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

what is wall?

Outlet hahaha so I just unplugged all the power for a bit because I read a thread where this guy has this issue if someone hits the power or something and all he did was unplugged it for awhile.

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

what is wall?

I fixed it! Sorta. The bluray player was causing it. I unplugged it all and back in again except the bluray player and I suddenly had sound again.

14 minutes ago, trentklein said:

I fixed it! Sorta. The bluray player was causing it. I unplugged it all and back in again except the bluray player and I suddenly had sound again.

fuck samsung

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

fuck samsung

Lol! So, I disabled their "anynet" on the bluray player and all is well now. I just wonder if there is a way to get it all working 

Can I use this thread so I don't need to create one for a noob question? I have a samsung tv and home theater.

If I connect the STB to the TV by HDMI and then the TV to home theater through Optical, the TV will be receiving the audio through HDMI and outputting it to Optical, will I be loosing any sound quality in that process?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows