Microsoft exel question

smulutz

Hi there :)

I have a problem with Exel, using Exel 2013. I'd like to color the background behind a date in different color. There is a preset for actual and last month so this is not a problem.

What's bothering me is that i can't get the following thing to work. The List is monitoring Medicine and their expiry date. What I want now is that every date gets a green background when it's experiation date is next month (seen from todays month) and beyond the next. So e.g. if it's expiring in Febuary 17 it's green, but also when it's expiring in June 17 or even later.

I've done some research on the microsoft forum and help sites myself already but nothing worked as i wanted it to do.

I hope someone out there can maybe help me out :)

thank you in advance and a great day to you all

smulutz

please forgive typos and grammer, I'm not a native speaker! thank you!

Hardware: Microsoft Surface Pro 1|Samsung A3(2017)

Check out "Conditional Format" in Excel. In order to get it working you will need to do some more or less complex calculations with dates involved, what always is some sort of pain in Excel.

yes that's the problem. My knowledge of exel isn't enough to get a working one done. I ofc know of "Conditional Format", otherwise I wouldn't know that there are presets as mentioned above. But i cant get a workung formular for what I explaind above.

please forgive typos and grammer, I'm not a native speaker! thank you!

Hardware: Microsoft Surface Pro 1|Samsung A3(2017)

so you better start figuring it out :-)

when starting out with excel it's trial and error. do some basic stuff like: when this cells value is 1 then make it green, when it's 2 then make it red, evolve further on.

there are also tons of online tutorials for it.

I found this:

https://exceljet.net/formula/highlight-dates-greater-than

Which sounds like it could work. I don't understand the "input" part of it, maybe you have better luck on that. Sounds like using that mod on formula, you could calculate the date from today and use calculated date for rest of the formula. Or write it in the actual formula. But thats beyond my excel skills. It took me 3h to calculate amount of cells having values between two pre-defined values.

2 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

so you better start figuring it out :-)

when starting out with excel it's trial and error. do some basic stuff like: when this cells value is 1 then make it green, when it's 2 then make it red, evolve further on.

there are also tons of online tutorials for it.

So, you aren't going to provide any actual help? Just posting for fun? OP did post here to get actual working formulas or maybe sources for ones to try out. Not your general thoughts about using excel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So, you aren't going to provide any actual help? Just posting for fun? OP did post here to get actual working formulas or maybe sources for ones to try out. Not your general thoughts about using excel.

Hmm yeah sort of. He will have to figure it out himself anyway. But you got a point there.