Is My PSU screwed?

Googlehai

My PSU (CX550M Gray Variant) has been making a Loud-ish buzzing noise since about a week. The PSU and all the components have only been up and running for 1 month.  Also excuse me for any errors in formatting, I'm brand new to the forum

SPECS:

MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8g

I5 6500

8gb of Corsair vengeance RAM

1 minute ago, Googlehai said:

My PSU (CX550M Gray Variant) has been making a Loud-ish buzzing noise since about a week. The PSU and all the components have only been up and running for 1 month.  Also excuse me for any errors in formatting, I'm brand new to the forum

SPECS:

MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8g

I5 6500

8gb of Corsair vengeance RAM

define buzzing, fans can sometimes sound like that with a bit of noise distortion over surfaces

Could just be Coil Whine, which is fairly common in things like PSUs and Graphics Cards

If it is buzzing, it is probably the bearings in your PSU fan. It depends on which type of buzzing though. One of my stock psus are extremely loud.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

What kind of buzzing is it specifically?

A lower-pitched, more mechanical sound could be the fan. A higher-pitched 'whine' however is likely coil whine.

"Rawr XD"

19 hours ago, Aniallation said:

What kind of buzzing is it specifically?

A lower-pitched, more mechanical sound could be the fan. A higher-pitched 'whine' however is likely coil whine.

It's a lower pitched humming(except louder) 

30 minutes ago, Googlehai said:

It's a lower pitched humming(except louder) 

Turn off your computer. Use a toothpick, Q-tip, or some other small object to hold the PSU fan in place so it doesn't spin. Turn the PC on.

Is the noise still there?

"Rawr XD"