What would be a god router for a lan party?

Napo5000

all we need is 5 Ethernet ports and really that's it i would hope for cheap and fast

staying on the cheap side more

also if you would know any good cheap and long Ethernet cords that would be awsome

A 5 port ethernet switch? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, Napo5000 said:

all we need is 5 Ethernet ports and really that's it i would hope for cheap and fast

also if you would know any good cheap and long Ethernet cords that would be awsome

just buy a 5 or more port switch that is at least 10/100/1000

Do you not already have a router? If you just need to connect devices to an existing network, get a cheap Gigabit switch rather than a new router. 

Any Cat5e and up from somewhere like Amazon will do. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Do you not already have a router? If you just need to connect devices to an existing network, get a cheap Gigabit switch rather than a new router. 

Any Cat5e and up from somewhere like Amazon will do. 

the router is being used and is a floor above us so cant use ethernet and its REALLY slow

5 minutes ago, Napo5000 said:

the router is being used and is a floor above us so cant use ethernet and its REALLY slow

Well, you're going to need to connect to the router connected to your modem (which is going to be the one you have already), so buying another router won't solve any issues. If it's slow, the chances are it's the connection to the ISP, not the router itself. Unless you have a ton of devices connected to the router, it's rarely the router itself that is slow. 

If you don't need internet access, you can just use a switch and only connect the PCs to it. If you do need internet, connecting one cable to the router from the switch and then all the other PCs to the switch is the best solution. 

EDIT: If you buy a router and just connect the routers to it, it will just act as a switch. To actually get internet, you'd need to connect it to the other router, but having multiple routers on the same network can be a pain to set up properly. 

3 minutes ago, Napo5000 said:

would you have a router thats good and cheap?

I'll keep looking price range?

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Well, you're going to need to connect to the router connected to your modem (which is going to be the one you have already), so buying another router won't solve any issues. If it's slow, the chances are it's the connection to the ISP, not the router itself. Unless you have a ton of devices connected to the router, it's rarely the router itself that is slow. 

If you don't need internet access, you can just use a switch and only connect the PCs to it. If you do need internet, connecting one cable to the router from the switch and then all the other PCs to the switch is the best solution. 

its just for lan so no internet needed

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I'll keep looking price range?

like 40$

1 minute ago, Napo5000 said:

its just for lan so no internet needed

Just buy a switch then. You can pick up a 5 port Gigabit switch for $25 or so on Amazon. May want to go for an 8 port switch in case you find you need to plug something else in. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Why spend $30 on a PoE 10/100 switch when you can pick up a standard 9 port Gigabit switch for cheaper? 

https://www.amazon.com/D-link-8-Port-Unmanaged-Gigabit-GO-SW-8G/dp/B008PC1MSO/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485277401&sr=1-9&keywords=8+port+gigabit+switch

For a LAN party, there's really no need for PoE.

I ate cheese once...

The geek himself.

43 minutes ago, Napo5000 said:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/d-link-5-port-10-100-1000-mbps-gigabit-switch/1628431.p?id=1218274672315&skuId=1628431&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=bf4772e7-a323-4c5e-8c58-0bd4bb81fd1e&ksprof_id=401&ksaffcode=pg83980&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Have used works fine. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core