Colour Calibration

Valley_
Go to solution Solved by Majestic,

Another one of Linus' gems. Where he tells half the story and lets his forum explain the rest.

What are you going to use the ICC profile for? The problem is that calibrated profiles only really suit that particular screen. Yours could have colordrift in a completely different direction, and loading the ICC profile will only make things worse. Or mess with the gamma control.

Secondly, videogames or other fullscreen applications load their own profiles and gammacontrol (to create darker scenes for example, when entering a tunnel). And the default profile with color correction gets overruled once you launch a game. 

It's a mess. Either get the hardware and calibrate the monitor on a hardware level or don't bother.

So I watched one of Linus' more recent videos about downloading profiles to suit your specific model...Unfortunately I cannot find one that suits mine.

I have Asus VP228TE 21.5 inch gaming monitor. 

Can someone please direct me to somewhere which has a profile for me?

Another one of Linus' gems. Where he tells half the story and lets his forum explain the rest.

What are you going to use the ICC profile for? The problem is that calibrated profiles only really suit that particular screen. Yours could have colordrift in a completely different direction, and loading the ICC profile will only make things worse. Or mess with the gamma control.

Secondly, videogames or other fullscreen applications load their own profiles and gammacontrol (to create darker scenes for example, when entering a tunnel). And the default profile with color correction gets overruled once you launch a game. 

It's a mess. Either get the hardware and calibrate the monitor on a hardware level or don't bother.

I've got a Dell U2415 or something. Set it to "gaming" and forgot all about it.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I'll just not bother then haha thanks anyway

5 minutes ago, Puhtutz said:

I've got a Dell U2415 or something. Set it to "gaming" and forgot all about it.

I don't like the dynamic contrast at all. I have my 2515 set to complete default.