Some advice regarding GPU?

ZChang [ByFr]

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and the channel. Loving the content!

I'm not sure if this would be the proper place to post, but seems like it. Please let me know if not.

I have a fairly simple question regarding my GPU.

I currently have:

• a Gtx750ti (An excellent gpu),
  • an i5-4460@3.20GHz,
  • and 8GBs of DDR3 ram (single).

I am planning on building a proper VR capable computer in the future, but I'm still saving till I have around 3k  to spend without holding off.

Meanwhile... I'm finding it hard/impossible to play some games, even on low settings. I'm itching to play Battlefield, Titanfall, Dishonored 2, etc. 

I've had the 1050ti in sight for a while now, and it would only set me back < $150. The ability to play the newer and upcoming titles with some performance would really help me alleviate the wait.

My question is: Do you think that gtx750ti -> gt1050ti would be a good idea for the meantime? (it's gonna be a while till I can actually start with the other pc).

And most importantly, would it be compatible? Not so tech savvy, heh. (I'm ready to give any info if necessary).

Thanks in advance!

32 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Very much. 750ti to a 1050ti is a big performance upgrade.

Would it be compatible though?

9 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Looks great! I'm an nvidia kind of guy, but will consider!

The reason I'm going for the 1050ti is actually the size / no extra power required though . Maybe should have mentioned that! The RX470 looks slightly too big for my case, but i'm not sure. Checking right now.

Thanks for the response guys!

3 hours ago, ZChang [ByFr] said:

The reason I'm going for the 1050ti is actually the size / no extra power required though . Maybe should have mentioned that! The RX470 looks slightly too big for my case, but i'm not sure. Checking right now.

As much as i like AMD nvidia's lineup performs better across the board on 90% of the titles... 

it's a shame since AMD makes great hardware! but when it comes to the game developers they just won't optimize enough for AMD.

If more games were like Doom we would have seen better competition and lower prices..

PLUS seems like Nvidia's cards take a lot less power while strained besides the better performance..

1050ti is a great choice man! you can enjoy it for a quite some time and might not even feel the need for a new machine :D

9 hours ago, ZChang [ByFr] said:

should be fine

The geek himself.