Short depth server case with enough bays

Hey all

For my home setup, I'm looking to move my FreeNAS box to a rack mounted solution. However, as I'm strapped for space in my garage, I'd ideally like to mount the thing in a wall mounted rack. Since those are fairly limited in space, I'm looking for short depth solutions. The twist that complicates my search a little more: I'm in Belgium, Europe. So getting hold of something like the Norco Tek RPC-4308 is turning out to be a little more difficult than I thought.

Anyone around here able to point me to other case manufacturers that make something similar, that's hopefully available here? I found this similar one which I could buy from the UK, but have never heard of it, nor seem to be able to find reviews.

BTW - God tier beard.

- @Slick in a PM once

I have the RPC-2304 which is just the 4308 cut in half basically, and I would have a hard time believing that the case you linked isn't the same as an RPC-4308, just with a mesh security cover. I searched around and it seems like most of lgic case's products are really good clones of Norco cases - it seems to me that they either buy from the same OEM, or they are two names for the same company. Most of the reviews for logic case I read sound good. I'd say go for it.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

15 hours ago, Dark said:

Vertical Rack mounting would be better.

vertical-wall-mount-rack.jpg

Just to second this. Disks don't care what orientation they're in as long as they're not being moved around while spinning. Fans really don't care what orientation they're in. So just to ease any concern, servers are perfectly happy like this.

Both of my R320s and C220s are setup like this.  Saves me a lot more space compared to the rack I was using.

22 hours ago, Dark said:

Vertical Rack mounting would be better.

7 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Just to second this. Disks don't care what orientation they're in as long as they're not being moved around while spinning. Fans really don't care what orientation they're in. So just to ease any concern, servers are perfectly happy like this.

I would but, everyone that i have seen wants to be wall mounted, which isn't the best if you're a renter. 

You can pick up pretty cheap 2 post racks, wont be able to use rails though.

14 hours ago, Blake said:

I would but, everyone that i have seen wants to be wall mounted, which isn't the best if you're a renter. 

You can pick up pretty cheap 2 post racks, wont be able to use rails though.

Holes can always be filled.

2-post racks are fine as long as you're using lightweight hardware or 2-post specific rails, otherwise you risk tipping.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! 

I'm not the biggest fan of the vertical mounting solution because I simply don't know where I would put the damn thing :P For now, it looks like I was able to convince the wife to put a standing cabinet after all and I can go full depth. 

BTW - God tier beard.

- @Slick in a PM once