HOW MUCH CAPACITY IN GB DID GRAPHICS MEMORY G4600 HAS

nonono
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
6 hours ago, dattharao said:

I am confused between iGPU and VRAM what is the difference and what are they?

i have a second question if iGPU depends on system ram then if i buy 32gb ram then my iGPU outperform 8gb 980ti

Listen. The amount of VRAM performance. My R9 Fury has 4GB's of HBM VRAM and it outperforms an RX 480 with 8GB of GDDR5 and a GTX 1060 with 6GB of GDDR5.

iGPU in the Pentium is relatively weak so you won't be able to do too much work on it, I'd only use it for web browsing, video playback and maybe games like League of Legends, but nothing more.

Remember that the system RAM that the iGPU uses is much slower than the VRAM on dedicated GPUs and will not work as well. And I don't think you can give the entire 32GB to the iGPU, I think there's a limit of RAM that you can dedicate to the iGPU. It won't need more than 2GB cause it's not fast enough to even use more imho.

And please, stop asking the same question over and over again cause you already got an answer, just read carefully and research yourself if you really want to know how it works.

P.S. No, there is no iGPU in existance that will outperform a 980Ti as it's like 1000% faster than the HD 630 which is integrated into the Pentium CPU: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-630-Desktop-Kaby-Lake-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti/m178724vs3439. Not even close.

Hey!!!

HOW MUCH CAPACITY IN GB DID GRAPHICS MEMORY G4600 HAS

PLEASE HELP

Integrated graphics uses your motherboard's memory.

DON'T SHOUT 

It uses PC RAM. It's an iGPU not dedicated GPU so no VRAM

first off: caps lock is something you're able to disable.

second off: i'm guessing you mean the iGPU in a pentium G4600, which is by name, an intel iGPU which uses system memory, so the actual amount is variable depending on you know... what you set it to be ;)

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DON'T SHOUT 

It uses PC RAM. It's an iGPU not dedicated GPU so no VRAM

I am not shouting sorry for that 

i didn't understand concept of iGPU and VRAM

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

first off: caps lock is something you're able to disable.

second off: i'm guessing you mean the iGPU in a pentium G4600, which is by name, an intel iGPU which uses system memory, so the actual amount is variable depending on you know... what you set it to be ;)

sorry for the caps on

i didn't understand about iGPU and VRAM

What is the difference?

3 minutes ago, dattharao said:

sorry for the caps on

i didn't understand about iGPU and VRAM

What is the difference?

VRAM (video random access memory) is built into a dedicated video card, which the GPU that's integrated in your CPU doesn't have since it is an integrated graphics processor.

iGPUs built into CPUs will use what system memory that you have installed into your motherboard.

3 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

VRAM (video random access memory) is built into a dedicated video card, which the GPU that's integrated in your CPU doesn't have since it is an integrated graphics processor.

iGPUs built into CPUs will use what system memory that you have installed into your motherboard.

suppose i install 2x8gb ddr4 2400mhz ram so my iGPU will out perform 8gb 980ti

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

suppose i install 2x8gb ddr4 2400mhz ram so my iGPU will out perform 8gb 980ti

I feel like I'm being trolled.

But no. Not by a long shot.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

sorry but i am very confused between iGPU and VRAM

Just now, dattharao said:

sorry but i am very confused between iGPU and VRAM

Like I said, an iGPU (integrated graphics processing unit) is integrated into a CPU. Therefore, it will use your system's memory that you have installed on your motherboard. Integrated graphics also tend to be extremely weak compared to dedicated video cards, like the 980 Ti you mentioned earlier.

On a dedicated video card it has its own memory called VRAM which is used to store temporary data, like textures.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Like I said, an iGPU (integrated graphics processing unit) is integrated into a CPU. Therefore, it will use your system's memory that you have installed on your motherboard. Integrated graphics also tend to be extremely weak compared to dedicated video cards, like the 980 Ti you mentioned earlier.

On a dedicated video card it has its own memory called VRAM which is used to store temporary data, like textures.

i have only budget for g4600 and i am not going to buy a graphics card for a year so i wanted to can i do rendering work in 3Ds Max with iGPU by going on increasing ram upto 32gb which can be done by me in this year

38 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

there's this strange "belief" that the amount of vRAM dictates performance.

34 minutes ago, dattharao said:

i have only budget for g4600 and i am not going to buy a graphics card for a year so i wanted to can i do rendering work in 3Ds Max with iGPU by going on increasing ram upto 32gb which can be done by me in this year

Wait, you're going to buy 32gb of RAM for a G4600?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Wait, you're going to buy 32gb of RAM for a G4600?

because "more rams is mroe performances" in some people's minds...

if only it was so easy :/

Spoiler

83bf42e14b.jpg

yes, that's "a bag" of ram sticks on the left :P

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Reveal hidden contents

Speak about unbalancing, you see some people Over worried about bottlenecks and some that have no idea what a bottleneck is xD
Passing by forums like in here should be mandatory before anyone buy a system, just to think so much people end up paying quite the cash for bad rigs disappoints me...

@dattharao, you should save some money to buy something decent and balanced, save up until Ryzen releases and then come by here asking ideas , you're certain to make a much better deal than rushing things like that based on miss concepts.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 hours ago, manikyath said:

Reveal hidden contents

83bf42e14b.jpg

I am confused between iGPU and VRAM what is the difference and what are they?

i have a second question if iGPU depends on system ram then if i buy 32gb ram then my iGPU outperform 8gb 980ti

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Speak about unbalancing, you see some people Over worried about bottlenecks and some that have no idea what a bottleneck is xD
Passing by forums like in here should be mandatory before anyone buy a system, just to think so much people end up paying quite the cash for bad rigs disappoints me...

@dattharao, you should save some money to buy something decent and balanced, save up until Ryzen releases and then come by here asking ideas , you're certain to make a much better deal than rushing things like that based on miss concepts.

14 hours ago, manikyath said:

there's this strange "belief" that the amount of vRAM dictates performance.

iam not buying 32gb ram for g4600 but it thought that if i had 32gb ddr4 2400mhz ram with G4600 then the iGPU of g4600 will outperform the 8gb 980ti

Listen. The amount of VRAM performance. My R9 Fury has 4GB's of HBM VRAM and it outperforms an RX 480 with 8GB of GDDR5 and a GTX 1060 with 6GB of GDDR5.

iGPU in the Pentium is relatively weak so you won't be able to do too much work on it, I'd only use it for web browsing, video playback and maybe games like League of Legends, but nothing more.

Remember that the system RAM that the iGPU uses is much slower than the VRAM on dedicated GPUs and will not work as well. And I don't think you can give the entire 32GB to the iGPU, I think there's a limit of RAM that you can dedicate to the iGPU. It won't need more than 2GB cause it's not fast enough to even use more imho.

And please, stop asking the same question over and over again cause you already got an answer, just read carefully and research yourself if you really want to know how it works.

P.S. No, there is no iGPU in existance that will outperform a 980Ti as it's like 1000% faster than the HD 630 which is integrated into the Pentium CPU: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-630-Desktop-Kaby-Lake-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti/m178724vs3439. Not even close.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

26 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Thank you for solution

I am just into this by watching linus tech tips techquickie  hardware canuaks i am learning about new terms skills related to this 

please be patient to me

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

Thank you for solution

I am just into this by watching linus tech tips techquickie  hardware canuaks i am learning about new terms skills related to this 

please be patient to me

If your question has been answered, mark the said answer as the "best answer" so your thread is marked as solved

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

iam not buying 32gb ram for g4600 but it thought that if i had 32gb ddr4 2400mhz ram with G4600 then the iGPU of g4600 will outperform the 8gb 980ti

Having faster memory does somewhat help integrated graphics solutions, but we're talking a couple of frames per second, sometimes. Memory capacity doesn't really matter unless the game you're playing will actually use it. 

It's already been said, but no matter what RAM you have installed, the G4600's integrated GPU cannot compete with even a cheap current discrete GPU, let alone a high-end one like a GTX 980 Ti. They are a universe apart.

Intel HD 630 graphics likely compares against something like the GTS 250, a midrange GPU from about 2009.

This is a bit rough and simplistic, but it may help you get a sense of perspective:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

(HD 630 doesn't appear on that list, but I'm sure it's extremely close to HD 530)

23 hours ago, typographie said:

Having faster memory does somewhat help integrated graphics solutions, but we're talking a couple of frames per second, sometimes. Memory capacity doesn't really matter unless the game you're playing will actually use it. 

It's already been said, but no matter what RAM you have installed, the G4600's integrated GPU cannot compete with even a cheap current discrete GPU, let alone a high-end one like a GTX 980 Ti. They are a universe apart.

Intel HD 630 graphics likely compares against something like the GTS 250, a midrange GPU from about 2009.

This is a bit rough and simplistic, but it may help you get a sense of perspective:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

(HD 630 doesn't appear on that list, but I'm sure it's extremely close to HD 530)

Just a FYI: HD 530 is around 12% slower on average than the HD 630 (I'm talking desktop versions)