Laptop not as good as before?

I recently had to start playing on my laptop since my motherboard on my desktop decided to not work (ordered a new one, waiting for it). My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 5547, Got it from my school. As i am addicted to gaming, i chose to play on my laptop. My game of choice is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and i am having some issues i have not had before. A while ago, i was able to get stable fps (120-140) but now, i am managing 50fps, and i drop down to 20 and it is painful to attempt to play a competitive match like that. I have tried making sure the graphics settings are set to low, the game process set to high priority, and i just don't know what to do anymore. I did a reset on my laptop so i am back to having nothing but the games installed. League of Legends runs as it did before, just not CSGO. Any ideas?

My laptop specs:

CPU: Intel i3 4030u 1.9Ghz

RAM: 6Gb 1333mhz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400

HDD: Seagate 500GB

if youre running win10 make sure all the background telemetry stuff is disabled.

Win10 has a lot of background processes which use up resources.

Try intel driver updates?

also you could try upgrading your ram to 8gb?
or upgrade HDD to an SSD?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

4 minutes ago, mok said:

if youre running win10 make sure all the background telemetry stuff is disabled.

Win10 has a lot of background processes which use up resources.

Try intel driver updates?

also you could try upgrading your ram to 8gb?
or upgrade HDD to an SSD?

Thanks for the idea for the background telemetry stuff, i'll try that out now. It would make since that Win10 would be one cause, because i last played on Win8.1. I also have the most recent drivers, i can't afford a ram upgrade for my laptop, and the only SSD i have is for my desktop lol. How do i turn the background stuff off?

15 minutes ago, icecold960 said:

Thanks for the idea for the background telemtry stuff, i'll try that out now. It would make since that Win10 would be one cause, because i last played on Win8.1. I also have the most recent drivers, i can't afford a ram upgrade for my laptop, and the only SSD i have is for my desktop lol. How do i turn the background stuff off?

I do a few things to ensure my OS runs only what it needs to

1. CCleaner - i use this to disable non-crucial apps and services from running on startup

2. Spybot Anti-beacon - this is to disable win10 telemetry used for data collection

3. Going into win10 PRIVACY settings to disable pretty much everything + disabling background apps

i also use this as a good reference

Photography / Finance / Gaming

11 minutes ago, mok said:

I do a few things to ensure my OS runs only what it needs to

1. CCleaner - i use this to disable non-crucial start up apps and services from running on startup

2. Spybot Anti-beacon - this is to disable win10 telemetry used for data collection

3. Going into win10 PRIVACY settings to disable pretty much everything + disabling background apps

i also use this as a good reference

I ran Spybot, and turned off everything in Privacy, but i am still getting the fps drops.