Keyboard Recommendations

Old Account
Go to solution Solved by Void Reaper,

Gigabyte K85 but i think that's a bit too big for your taste and has Kailh Reds. Maybe some Keyboards like Ducky, Pok3r, WASDkeyboards, das keyboard, or some lesser known brands like e-element would fit your size preference. Then there are Plancks, KBparadise V60 mini, Varmilo VA68M or HHKB on the smaller spectrum of keyboards. Some of them even come in sets you have to assemble so you can chose which switches you want to use.

Hey everyone!

Had a Corsair k90 for about 4 years now and it recently broke.

I realised it's way to big for my new sleek setup as it's an MMO keyboard and I'm looking for something reasonably priced for an upgrade. It needs to have a clean looking design and be reasonably compact , not ultra compact just smaller than a k90.

As for what key colour switch to use I'm not sure , I want it to be a good mix for gaming and typing as I need to learn how to type properly and cherry mx reds don't feel great for it in my opinion.

Thanks for the help!

I'd say Browns. Browns are both very good for gaming and typing and feel like Reds but with a tactile bump and different feeling, instead of pretty much taller mechanical membrane feeling that the Reds have. 

For keyboards, I always say K70, Strafe RGB, Das Keyboards (if it has Cherry) and pretty much everything Ducky.

If you want something without a Numpad, try a K65. They're cheap as well. 

idk

Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L: there's a white LED and an RGB variant of it, comes with browns

K70: RGB or Red LEDs, comes with browns reds and whatnot?

Logitech G610: white leds, browns

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

40 minutes ago, MrNangle said:

Hey everyone!

Had a Corsair k90 for about 4 years now and it recently broke.

I realised it's way to big for my new sleek setup as it's an MMO keyboard and I'm looking for something reasonably priced for an upgrade. It needs to have a clean looking design and be reasonably compact , not ultra compact just smaller than a k90.

As for what key colour switch to use I'm not sure , I want it to be a good mix for gaming and typing as I need to learn how to type properly and cherry mx reds don't feel great for it in my opinion.

Thanks for the help!

The k65 lux is a nice keyboard and well designed 

Gigabyte K85 but i think that's a bit too big for your taste and has Kailh Reds. Maybe some Keyboards like Ducky, Pok3r, WASDkeyboards, das keyboard, or some lesser known brands like e-element would fit your size preference. Then there are Plancks, KBparadise V60 mini, Varmilo VA68M or HHKB on the smaller spectrum of keyboards. Some of them even come in sets you have to assemble so you can chose which switches you want to use.

44 minutes ago, Void Reaper said:

Then there are Plancks, KBparadise V60 mini, Varmilo VA68M or HHKB on the smaller spectrum of keyboards. Some of them even come in sets you have to assemble so you can chose which switches you want to use.

You... I like you.. Giving more than the generic corsair k series. I like it ;)

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You... I like you.. Giving more than the generic corsair k series. I like it ;)

I guess that's one of the side effects of hanging out on /r/MechanicalKeyboards too much :D