Dell Latitude e6420 Wi-fi Driver help

I just recently got a spare laptop as a gift and formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows 10. Previously it ran on windows 7 and I've been looking for the appropriate drivers in order to connect to wi-fi. I've tried numerous dell drivers on their website and nothing has worked.since its an older laptop will this only run win7 or am i looking in the wrong spot for the drivers. appreciate all the help if possible. Or is it possible to install a new lan card in the laptop its self. Dell latitude e6420 

can you provide the Hardware ID String please?

press CTRL + X choose DEVICE MANAGER look for 'other devices' or 'unknown device' ....or the click the triangle next too NETWORK ADAPTERS and on your wireless adapter (that might be showing as unknown device or unknown network device), once you have located what your pretty sure must be the Wi-Fi adapter double-click on it, select the DETAILS Tab, then where it says Property Box drop down and select HARDWARE ID'S, then copy and paste the very top one into your next post, see my image below... when you pop this into google you can usually find out which network card it is and thus find the driver from the card manufacturer, a win7 driver should/might work on win10 ...

let us know and we will locate the correct driver for you

PiUZcuH.jpg