What's the Best Graphics Card for a Multi-Monitor Setup

fwtony

Hi everyone,

Currently I am running 3 monitors off of the integrated graphics on a i7-4790k. In the short term I want to add two more monitors for a total of 5. In the long term I might want a total of 8. Running 8 monitors isn't the priority right now but if anyone has a good suggestion, I'd like to hear it, (like recommending 6 port graphics card or something).  I use my computer for trading and I need to run a handful of applications that use lots of screen space. I'm not sure how gpu/cpu intensive these applications are, the load is lots of browser windows, some video/audio stream, financial applications that stream real-time price data and lots of stock charts.

Is there a particular graphics card that you can recommend for my use case? 

Based on Linus' What Video Card to Buy - Late 2016 video, my inclination is to go with the cheapest value card, which from my understanding is the Gigabyte Radeon Rx 460 Windforce OC 2GB for $99 on amazon, this will give me 3 additional ports. What do you guys think? The highest resolution on all of my current monitors is 2560x1440.

edit: maybe I don't even need a Rx 460? perhaps a $30 video card will do like an evga geforce 210 with a passive cooler (won't have to clean the dust off the fan)?. tell me what you think