laptop's gpu problem

I have Lenovo ideapad y560 with switchable graphics (amd/intel) and after reinstalling windows 7 whenever I would install amd drivers screen would go black and after rebooting it would remain the same. I tried drivers both from lenovo's site and from amd's. And when drivers for amd's card are not installed in disk management  pc recognises it as standard vga adapter.  Is GPU dead or...

I would try applying newer thermal paste to it and then boot your pc again. Try that as it may just be that the gpu is overheating.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

5 minutes ago, Joseph Hartness said:

I would try applying newer thermal paste to it and then boot your pc again. Try that as it may just be that the gpu is overheating.

Sorry but no. 

This is obviously a software problem, the GPU works fine with generic VGA drivers, and I assume was working just fine before reinstalling Windows. Also, TS is not putting any load on it so temps are a non issue.

There is some things you could try, is there any way you can connect an external display? Have you tried an older driver version? (make sure to properly delete the one you had before) 

Are you installing just the driver a whole software suite? You could maybe put Windows 10 on it? A quick google search shows other users are able to run Windows 10, and driver support is a lot better.

Does you mum know you're here?

1 minute ago, VVoltor said:

Sorry but no. 

This is obviously a software problem, the GPU works fine with generic VGA drivers, and I assume was working just fine before reinstalling Windows. Also, TS is not putting any load on it so temps are a non issue.

There is some things you could try, is there any way you can connect an external display? Have you tried an older driver version? (make sure to properly delete the one you had before) 

Are you installing just the driver a whole software suite? You could maybe put Windows 10 on it? A quick google search shows other users are able to run Windows 10, and driver support is a lot better.

Well it was an opinion didn't state it as a fact. I just told him that because I had it happen to me.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, VVoltor said:

Sorry but no. 

Even before reinstallation I got a lot of notifications that gpu has stopped working and is recovering. That's why I reinstalled Windows. Why external display?