Sometimes I can't access the majority of websites, but I'm still connected to the internet. (and a bunch of other junk)

Cobalt Impurity

For about a few days I've been having this strange issue where I can only access certain websites, and the websites that are accessible seem to be more or less the “common” or “popular” websites such as Google, Youtube, Reddit and the like. Now, every OTHER site wont load, examples being hugelol.com, canadiantire.ca, tomshardware.com (these are just my go tos for testing the problem), and almost everything else I try. When I attempt to load the site, the same error appears each time: 

https://gyazo.com/e50aa751806dce327e363aca7782d06d

The first time this happened, only my computer was affected and the solution was to Restart my computer. The technician from my internet suppliers help line said that it was a common problem with windows 10 computers after a specific update (which is what I'm using). The second time this happened, both my phone and computer (which is connected via ethernet) are affected and have the exact same issue, and this remains true for any other time the issue occurs. Both devices are connected to the internet and look completely fine. The second solution was to restart the router and everything was working normally. The problem seems to happen at least once or twice every day for the past 3 days (give or take). 

When a technician from the provider came by to look at the issue the only unusual thing that he noticed was that he wasn't able to ping my desktop computer. However he arrived when the problem wasn't occurring.

One peculiar thing to note is that when I click the network icon in the taskbar (which looks normal with no red or yellow indicators), it says “Network” and then under that “No Internet” yet the aforementioned common sites work fine, along with discord skype, and steam (although steam can't download). These programs work fine with no connection issues.

While the issue is occurring, there's nothing out of the ordinary with the indicators on my router and looks completely fine.

In conclusion it seems like the problem isn't coming from my end. Even one of the technicians I spoke to on the phone suspected that the problem was on there end. Just want to know if anyone has had this kind of problem before and if they know how it was fixed. If you more or any specific details just ask. 

One other thing is that my internet connection will randomly die and instantly come back up at least once a day. When this happens, its usually when the problem is occurring. When the connection comes back up, no issue.

Thanks in advance for any help, cause I'm lost

2 minutes ago, Cobalt Impurity said:

For about a few days I've been having this strange issue where I can only access certain websites, and the websites that are accessible seem to be more or less the “common” or “popular” websites such as Google, Youtube, Reddit and the like. Now, every OTHER site wont load, examples being hugelol.com, canadiantire.ca, tomshardware.com (these are just my go tos for testing the problem), and almost everything else I try. When I attempt to load the site, the same error appears each time: 

https://gyazo.com/e50aa751806dce327e363aca7782d06d

The first time this happened, only my computer was affected and the solution was to Restart my computer. The technician from my internet suppliers help line said that it was a common problem with windows 10 computers after a specific update (which is what I'm using). The second time this happened, both my phone and computer (which is connected via ethernet) are affected and have the exact same issue, and this remains true for any other time the issue occurs. Both devices are connected to the internet and look completely fine. The second solution was to restart the router and everything was working normally. The problem seems to happen at least once or twice every day for the past 3 days (give or take). 

When a technician from the provider came by to look at the issue the only unusual thing that he noticed was that he wasn't able to ping my desktop computer. However he arrived when the problem wasn't occurring.

One peculiar thing to note is that when I click the network icon in the taskbar (which looks normal with no red or yellow indicators), it says “Network” and then under that “No Internet” yet the aforementioned common sites work fine, along with discord skype, and steam (although steam can't download). These programs work fine with no connection issues.

While the issue is occurring, there's nothing out of the ordinary with the indicators on my router and looks completely fine.

In conclusion it seems like the problem isn't coming from my end. Even one of the technicians I spoke to on the phone suspected that the problem was on there end. Just want to know if anyone has had this kind of problem before and if they know how it was fixed. If you more or any specific details just ask. 

One other thing is that my internet connection will randomly die and instantly come back up at least once a day. When this happens, its usually when the problem is occurring. When the connection comes back up, no issue.

Thanks in advance for any help, cause I'm lost

if you have any old computers, download pfsense onto them and turn it into a temporary router just to test it out, sometimes it happens with me (very rarely) and one of my routers has no internet connection so i just switch onto the other one and it will generally resolve itself

Think this must be a very common problem,  I have had all this for about 9 months with two OS.  First with WIN 7 Pro and was advised by local tech that this was a OS fault, so reluctantly I got myself WIN 10 Pro.  Well all was good for about two months, Then here we go again this time worse than ever !!! Open Firefox / Chrome Whatever, All OK, try open New tab nothing maybe three or four times then OK. Sometimes quicker to open new tab and repeat.  I had assumed it was down to my Internet provider as it happens on two desktops and one Laptop (But not all at same time strangely)  But now it seems to be global. So now I'm thinking its Microsoft. (oh how I hate that F###ing company)  Somebody on this large earth must know WTF is happening.  At least I have the comfort that I am not alone LoL