Graphics Card Upgrade

LeoLion12345

I have an EVGA GTX 740 graphics card and I'm planning an upgrade soon. Any have any suggestions on what I should upgrade it too? I have a budget of $1,000 for an entire new computer. (The only thing I don't need is a case, I have a mid-tower). How much should I spend on a graphics card, or what graphics card should I get?  I am going to use it for some light gaming like Minecraft, TF2, and maybe some games like Far Cry. I'm also going to be using it for homework. I just want to get steered in the right direction so I'm spending to little or to much on what I'm going to use it for

1000 for what? Just the card? What do you have already? 

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1000 for what? Just the card? What do you have already? 

we need more info currency, location what do you need ? what you are going to do with it?

2 minutes ago, LeoLion12345 said:

I have just edited with more info. thanks for helping! ?

What else part from case can you reuse? Storage? Maybe motherboard? Can you tell us  what do you have already? Also quote people like I did so people get notified

Whats your cpu? If fx 8000 series or i5 6000, 7000 or i7 series, ignore the cpu here:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Have you just thought about searching best $1000 PC 2017 because you can find some balanced systems that have the parts list ready for you to look at them.

http://techbuyersguru.com/1000-gaming-productivity-pc-build. I think you can get a 1060 and you should be good to for a decent time if you are not  going to move into heavy gaming. MY experience With a 1060 6GB has shown that at 1080p you can run almost all games really well. CSGO, Minecraft, tf2 Run at very high frame rate maxing the settings. 

1 minute ago, Hopalonghacksaw said:

Have you just thought about searching best $1000 PC 2017 because you can find some balanced systems that have the parts list ready for you to look at them.

http://techbuyersguru.com/1000-gaming-productivity-pc-build. I think you can get a 1060 and you should be good to for a decent time if you are not  going to move into heavy gaming. MY experience With a 1060 6GB has shown that at 1080p you can run almost all games really well. CSGO, Minecraft, tf2 Run at very high frame rate maxing the settings. 

Ummm with a $1000 usd build, an rx 480 is a much better option.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

12 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Ummm with a $1000 usd build, an rx 480 is a much better option.

I think that both would be good for a system at that price point and I was just speaking about what I have done and had experience with. A rx480 is at a lower price point and if you would like to allocate more of you buget to the rest of the system then go with the 480, but if you happen to find a 1060 6gb for close the same price as the 480 and you have a bit more money I would recommend the 1060 because  it uses a tiny bit less power and is a bit more powerful

1 hour ago, LeoLion12345 said:

I have an EVGA GTX 740 graphics card and I'm planning an upgrade soon. Any have any suggestions on what I should upgrade it too? I have a budget of $1,000 for an entire new computer. (The only thing I don't need is a case, I have a mid-tower). How much should I spend on a graphics card, or what graphics card should I get?  I am going to use it for some light gaming like Minecraft, TF2, and maybe some games like Far Cry. I'm also going to be using it for homework. I just want to get steered in the right direction so I'm spending to little or to much on what I'm going to use it for

Op what is your current system build??

My current rig:

If your PC will be mainly for gaming you should spend most of the money on the GPU. I'd suggest a GTX 1070 and an i5.