Freezing HDD

Strxke

Hey guys, I just threw my HDD into the freezer to hope for a few minutes of copying data when it comes out. The problem with the hard drive, is that it CAN boot up windows, and allow me to login, but after that I cannot use it at all. Its read/write goes to 0 kb/s, and anything I do on my computer doesn't respond. I'm not really sure of my other options, so if anyone can tell me a solution that might help, please let me know. 

Plug it into another PC, do not use it as your OS drive.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

THIS........... would be the first thing I would do. pull off as much data as you can. then I would do ( try ) a scan and repair of the drive it it would let me do it.

also, did you try another sata port and a new/different cable?

21 hours ago, Enderman said:

I don't have another PC to plug it into.

20 hours ago, LabRat said:

THIS........... would be the first thing I would do. pull off as much data as you can. then I would do ( try ) a scan and repair of the drive it it would let me do it.

also, did you try another sata port and a new/different cable?

I have tried both different sata ports, and different cables.

2 minutes ago, Strxke said:

I don't have another PC to plug it into.

Well then you need to install windows on another drive, boot into that drive on your PC, then plug your dying hdd in as a data drive.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So hours of messing with it, I was able to get all my data off it. I booted up one of my very old computers, installed linux on a USB drive I had, and moved all my files to my server. Thanks for the help guys :).