Ram how much

How much would I need?  I plan on using programs like flash,  Dw,  photo shop. Maybe some games. 1080p nothing over the top. I was going to get 16gigs but should I lean towards full ram slots with 4 8gig Ballistix sport ddr4? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

16GB is the sweet spot for Dreamweaver?, Photoshop, and Flash. If you're getting paid for the work, get 32GB.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

what chipset are you using? If you are using Z170 or Z270 or similar chipsets I recomend getting 2 8GB sticks so you have more space to upgrade in the future

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

16GB is the sweet spot for Dreamweaver?, Photoshop, and Flash. If you're getting paid for the work, get 32GB.

Actually I was planning on using this computer for a job I don't have yet. I'm only 15 but I plan on being a website designer/maker. And I wanted to update my components as time goes on. Figured I'd get an early start aye. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, flowalex said:

what chipset are you using? If you are using Z170 or Z270 or similar chipsets I recomend getting 2 8GB sticks so you have more space to upgrade in the future

Why would having z170/270 make a difference?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, flowalex said:

Yep Z270 you mind reading human. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Would a 1060 be good enough also? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

Yep Z270 you mind reading human. 

Then get 2 8 GB sticks

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Why would having z170/270 make a difference?

Because x99 it is better to use quad channel, but the more mainstream ones it is better to use dual channel

2 minutes ago, flowalex said:

Then get 2 8 GB sticks

Because x99 it is better to use quad channel, but the more mainstream ones it is better to use dual channel

But he also says " should I lean towards full ram slots with 4 "

X99 boards have 8

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, flowalex said:

Then get 2 8 GB sticks

If i add more later,  would they all perform slower? (basically do their performance decrease over time?) because I know they'll only go as fast as the slowest is. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8gb is good

12gb is better

16gb is best

they perform down to the worst stick

generally you buy around 225 g per person for boneless and 333 g when on the bone. Minted is my favorite why to eat my ram.

p1029578637-3.jpg

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

generally you buy around 225 g per person for boneless and 333 g when on the bone. Minted is my favorite why to eat my ram.

p1029578637-3.jpg

Thank you kind sir!  I have no idea what I would have done without such immense knowledge and kindness of only could be you.  I feel blessed now. Now I can follow my dreams,  do everything I've ever wanted,  be successful,  take over the world and yeah. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I'm using 16GB (and have been for almost 3 years) and I have still yet to see the "running out of ram" message since i upgraded, and yes, I am a heavy ram user, I always have 10+ tabs open in chrome in 3 - 4 different sessions while gaming.

With other programs like Rianmeter, Rusty (server rcon tool), net limiter, other game clients, spotify, teamspeak, discord, file explorer (always good to have one of those open and handy) and about 5 other programs.

I still think 16GB is really good. 32GB is for those who actually need to use more than 16GB worth of ram for an edit or something.

1 minute ago, Whippy said:

I'm using 16GB (and have been for almost 3 years) and I have still yet to see the "running out of ram" message since i upgraded, and yes, I am a heavy ram user, I always have 10+ tabs open in chrome in 3 - 4 different sessions while gaming.

With other programs like Rianmeter, Rusty (server rcon tool), net limiter, other game clients, spotify, teamspeak, discord, file explorer (always good to have one of those open and handy) and about 5 other programs.

I still think 16GB is really good. 32GB is for those who actually need to use more than 16GB worth of ram for an edit or something.

Okay. Thank you! 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8GB is alright for most gaming, but if you want to get into productivity such as Coding, Editing, etc... Get yourself at least 16GB based on the intensity of the work.

1 hour ago, Whippy said:

...You won't see that message unless you're an idiot and disable page files or are on a tablet with no storage space... That's kind of the whole point of page files...

2 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

How much would I need?  I plan on using programs like flash,  Dw,  photo shop. Maybe some games. 1080p nothing over the top. I was going to get 16gigs but should I lean towards full ram slots with 4 8gig Ballistix sport ddr4? 

Flash, DW, and Photoshop should all be fine for small projects on 16GB. If you want to cover all your bases can go for 32GB but it's probably overkill.

2 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

Would a 1060 be good enough also? 

It would be overkill. Flash doesn't take advantage of GPU acceleration and if you have a decent CPU the internal GPU will be enough to handle Photoshop and Dreamweaver just find unless you're doing absolutely crazy things.

If you were talking Premiere Pro? Sure a 1060 is fine, but for any of their image editing suite, it's massive overkill.

Also please for the love of all that is holy, if you're 15 and planning for a job *PLEASE* don't plan on adobe flash. It needs to die already...

3 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

...You won't see that message unless you're an idiot and disable page files or are on a tablet with no storage space... That's kind of the whole point of page files...

Flash, DW, and Photoshop should all be fine for small projects on 16GB. If you want to cover all your bases can go for 32GB but it's probably overkill.

It would be overkill. Flash doesn't take advantage of GPU acceleration and if you have a decent CPU the internal GPU will be enough to handle Photoshop and Dreamweaver just find unless you're doing absolutely crazy things.

If you were talking Premiere Pro? Sure a 1060 is fine, but for any of their image editing suite, it's massive overkill.

Also please for the love of all that is holy, if you're 15 and planning for a job *PLEASE* don't plan on adobe flash. It needs to die already...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012M8LXQW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thats the CPU I plan on using. I plan on web design 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, BadluckBrian said:

Yeah, like I said, for web design you don't really need a GPU of any caliber unless you get into some absolutely insane graphic design stuff or decide you want 3D rendered art or want to render a video for your site or something else unrelated to web design itself.

The internal GPU is going to be more than capable of handling basic and midrange tasks for Photoshop in real time or near real time.

Games are a whole other beast though, and will depend what you play.

12 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Yeah, like I said, for web design you don't really need a GPU of any caliber unless you get into some absolutely insane graphic design stuff or decide you want 3D rendered art or want to render a video for your site or something else unrelated to web design itself.

The internal GPU is going to be more than capable of handling basic and midrange tasks for Photoshop in real time or near real time.

Games are a whole other beast though, and will depend what you play.

Well truth be told my whole set up IS from a gaming pc with some major upgrades(CPU and gpu) 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

20 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

If i add more later,  would they all perform slower? (basically do their performance decrease over time?) because I know they'll only go as fast as the slowest is. 

What you do is you buy 2 stick ram and then you buy those same ones when you want to add more