Laptop showing black screen upon startup?

My laptop is an hp envy m6-k010dx..It was working fine yesterday but today after starting it up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else

Take note that i do not have a battery installed into the laptop and it relies on a laptop charger to fully function at all times since my battery for my laptop died and I had it taken out

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Have you tried booting into safe mode

Also, try connecting an external display/TV or something and post results

Does you mum know you're here?

11 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Have you tried booting into safe mode

Also, try connecting an external display/TV or something and post results

Tried hitting escape key multiple times and still nothing showed up

I will try the second option, will update if needed 

That's not how you boot into safe mode, check the link in my previous post on how to do that

11 hours ago, VVoltor said:

That's not how you boot into safe mode, check the link in my previous post on how to do that

Umm i think it is: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03439317

They clearly state to press escape repeatedly when starting up

Also when connecting my laptop to a monitor, it still goes black? Hardware issue probably

On 16/01/2017 at 4:52 PM, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Umm i think it is: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03439317

They clearly state to press escape repeatedly when starting up

Also when connecting my laptop to a monitor, it still goes black? Hardware issue probably

I see, I thought you meant the screen went black after starting windows. In that case I'd guess driver issues or a damaged hard drive or something. 

Does anything show up on your screen when you power on the laptop? If not, definitely hardware issues, fried GPU maybe. To rule out the RAM you could try putting in the RAM from a working laptop, or maybe testing one stick at the time (if there's more than one in your laptop, and you don't have access to another laptop)

If it goes black at some point during booting maybe try booting from a USB drive, see what happens. Make sure to enable booting from USB in the BIOS or in the HP Startup Menu.

55 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

I see, I thought you meant the screen went black after starting windows. In that case I'd guess driver issues or a damaged hard drive or something. 

Does anything show up on your screen when you power on the laptop? If not, definitely hardware issues, fried GPU maybe. To rule out the RAM you could try putting in the RAM from a working laptop, or maybe testing one stick at the time (if there's more than one in your laptop, and you don't have access to another laptop)

If it goes black at some point during booting maybe try booting from a USB drive, see what happens. Make sure to enable booting from USB in the BIOS or in the HP Startup Menu.

Unfortunately, it was a motherboard issue when i brought it to the local computer shop ...They recommend me to just move on instead of replacing the motherboard since it would be too costly to replace it...To further include, they believe that the motherboard inside my laptop is low quality since they had a lot of customers bring in similar laptops with the same issues with the same motherboard that I have