Will Phanteks LED strips work with a Gigabyte Z270 Ultra motherboard?

I am looking at building a new PC, and I have all the necessary parts figured, but now I am looking at lighting for the Zalman Z9 Neo case.

This is my first build, it is not the most expensive thing either, and I am fairly confident on pretty much everything but these LEDs.

First off, does anyone know what kind of connector the Phanteks LED Strips use, and if the Gigabyte Z270 Ultra has the right connector for it?

Secondly, will these Phanteks strips work with the Gigabyte Z270 Ultra at all? I know they say they're good for ASUS Aura, but what about Gigabyte RGB Fusion, will they still work with me being able to control them like I should?

If they do not work, has anyone got any good, cheap alternatives for LED strips I could get?

5 hours ago, NinjaSandvich said:

I am looking at building a new PC, and I have all the necessary parts figured, but now I am looking at lighting for the Zalman Z9 Neo case.

This is my first build, it is not the most expensive thing either, and I am fairly confident on pretty much everything but these LEDs.

First off, does anyone know what kind of connector the Phanteks LED Strips use, and if the Gigabyte Z270 Ultra has the right connector for it?

Secondly, will these Phanteks strips work with the Gigabyte Z270 Ultra at all? I know they say they're good for ASUS Aura, but what about Gigabyte RGB Fusion, will they still work with me being able to control them like I should?

If they do not work, has anyone got any good, cheap alternatives for LED strips I could get?

They use a 4 pin locking connector so they will not directly interface with built in RGB controllers but do have an adapter you can get for them to be compatible:

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

8 hours ago, W-L said:

They use a 4 pin locking connector so they will not directly interface with built in RGB controllers but do have an adapter you can get for them to be compatible:

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

Do you think this would still work with a Gigabyte motherboard? On that adaptor it says compatible with ASUS Aura and MSI equivalent but I assume that doesn't matter much, as it will still be able to connect to my Gigabyte mobo, so it should still work fine, right?

17 minutes ago, NinjaSandvich said:

Do you think this would still work with a Gigabyte motherboard? On that adaptor it says compatible with ASUS Aura and MSI equivalent but I assume that doesn't matter much, as it will still be able to connect to my Gigabyte mobo, so it should still work fine, right?

They are all the standard RGB SMD5050 LED's and use the 4 pin system so it will be compatible. 

11 hours ago, W-L said:

They are all the standard RGB SMD5050 LED's and use the 4 pin system so it will be compatible. 

Ok, that sounds good then. Thanks :)