Weird colors 4K.

ZothOmmog

Alright humpty dumpty hello :D

I have this odd issue with my monitor and what I understand is that the color black is somewhat wonky, I notice this in movies and tv-series on Netflix, also those that are marketed as "4K" and I see it on YouTube, footage from games and also videos in "4K" so I'm a bit flabbergasted at this moment.

Here are some example pictures taken by my phone:

jS1UWpM.jpg

aZXIZzS.jpg

lgFIVyQ.jpg

I have a GTX 1080 running this display with a brand new displayport cable, nothing fuzzy there. I don't really know if there is anything else I should add.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

looks like compression artifacts. that's mostly on the video and network side.

does this happen when you play games? 

sometimes yes but not always/all the time.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

are you running on a dedicated GPU or iGPU? 

no, I once tried to enable it to see if it would have solved anything but it just left my computer getting bsods left and right, however I have wondered if my cpu might be oh I don't know incapable of running 4K with my gpu, thoughts on this?