External monitor not connecting to laptop

EthannKeller

So I recently bought a hdmi cable because I was using a vga cable to connect my laptop to my monitor and now my laptop isnt recognizing my monitor. Any help would be appreciated. 

Does your laptop have both VGA and HDMI or are you using a usb/thunderbolt/mini display port adapter?

4 minutes ago, Fabian Lioner said:

Does your laptop have both VGA and HDMI or are you using a usb/thunderbolt/mini display port adapter?

It has direct vga and hdmi ports. Same for monitor.

Could you please check:

1.- Gpu specs , for max number of monitors and resolutions (Resolution is not that important because the monitor will do the upscaling)

2.- Check maybe if the monitor is getting enough power from the wall , because some people use HUBS and then the "Wattage"gets lower than the specs and it might not run  properly

3 minutes ago, Fabian Lioner said:

Could you please check:

1.- Gpu specs , for max number of monitors and resolutions (Resolution is not that important because the monitor will do the upscaling)

2.- Check maybe if the monitor is getting enough power from the wall , because some people use HUBS and then the "Wattage"gets lower than the specs and it might not run  properly

I am not really gaming on it, just surfing etc. so I only have intel integrated graphics and it has worked in the past with VGA. I directly plugged my monitor into the wall instead of through a extension cable. 

Windows 10? If so, go to Settings>System>Display and click Detect. A lot of the time, Windows just hasn't checked for extra monitors. Doing this forces it to check for other monitors.

1 minute ago, weberdarren97 said:

Windows 10? If so, go to Settings>System>Display and click Detect. A lot of the time, Windows just hasn't checked for extra monitors. Doing this forces it to check for other monitors.

Yeah I tried that and it says display not connected. Also if I scroll down to where it says Multiple Displays 2 VGAs pop up and one mobile pc display. Hope this screen shot can help https://gyazo.com/f35d005c4c9e7897a962623ec5e2962a

That screenshot tells me that you likely have a software issue. It's giving you VGA options, but not HDMI options.

Are you sure that the manufacturer drivers are installed?