I just got a 4k tv, what now?

Niko_2142

That's it, I was choosing between an Lg 49uh6500 and an Lg 49uf7700 and they seem to be the same, I choose the 49uf7700 because it had one feature that the other one didn't IPS. (they cost the same) and even though both feature ''hdr'' the 49uh6500 had a few more pages advertising it and whatever. Anyway, both will sure be a hell of an upgrade to a 13XXx768 display,

Now what bugs me, do i just install netflix on it and call it a day? hdr 4k goodness? or do I need dongles or a pc?

This is probably obvious by now but I know nothing about tv's

3 minutes ago, Niko_2142 said:

That's it, I was choosing between an Lg 49uh6500 and an Lg 49uf7700 and they seem to be the same, I choose the 49uf7700 because it had one feature that the other one didn't IPS. (they cost the same) and even though both feature ''hdr'' the 49uh6500 had a few more pages advertising it and whatever. Anyway, both will sure be a hell of an upgrade to a 13XXx768 display,

Now what bugs me, do i just install netflix on it and call it a day? hdr 4k goodness? or do I need dongles or a pc?

This is probably obvious by now but I know nothing about tv's

play tetris on it

4 minutes ago, Niko_2142 said:

first you'll have to pay for Netflix Ultra or whatever they're calling it. basically allows 4K and HDR streaming, so it costs more. also need a fast internet connection, slightly faster than requirements for 4K streaming due to HDR master.

the TV will then notify you that HDR content is being displayed and switch to a HDR-friendly image settings automatically. Though some TVs may not be capable of doing that. 

I think on PC Intel/Netflix requires a Skylake or Kabylake processor to stream 4K HDR via Netflix. and if you have the latest Nvidia or AMD GPUs it will support HDR out of the box. for iGPU integration you need Skylake or Kabylake, unless a Haswell motherboard specifically supports HDR. 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

first you'll have to pay for Netflix Ultra or whatever they're calling it. basically allows 4K and HDR streaming, so it costs more. also need a fast internet connection, slightly faster than requirements for 4K streaming due to HDR master.

the TV will then notify you that HDR content is being displayed and switch to a HDR-friendly image settings automatically. Though some TVs may not be capable of doing that. 

I think on PC Intel/Netflix requires a Skylake or Kabylake processor to stream 4K HDR via Netflix. and if you have the latest Nvidia or AMD GPUs it will support HDR out of the box. for iGPU integration you need Skylake or Kabylake, unless a Haswell motherboard specifically supports HDR. 

basically rip me, I have 25/3 Mbps and I don't know exactly if that's enough, but paying for that netflix stuff does not require anything other than the tv itself? Soooo... the tv is as if not more powerful than skylake...?

1 minute ago, Niko_2142 said:

basically rip me, I have 25/3 Mbps and I don't know exactly if that's enough, but paying for that netflix stuff does not require anything other than the tv itself? Soooo... the tv is as if not more powerful than skylake...?

it is just enough. it might hitch to buffer at times. 

pretty much. need a 4K (HDR or no HDR) TV and Netflix Ultra and a fast connection. 

I'm not following you with that simile.. 

the TV has it's own NETFLIX and Amazon Prime apps that can stream UHD HDR content

keep in mind you should connect it via ethernet and have 25mbps internet bandwidth

I recently bought a 43UH603V - UHD HDR