Whats best to get Pump+reservoir or combo

Don't know what to choose and the case is thermaltake core x71 huge one and if I get separately the pump and res and I don't know how to put them in order or don't matter ?

well make ur dreams come true

2 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

Don't know what to choose and the case is thermaltake core x71 huge one and if I get separately the pump and res and I don't know how to put them in order or don't matter ?

Rule of thumb, always put the pump after the reservoir. This allows the liquid to flow into the pump when you fill your loop.

1 minute ago, OsuMasterz said:

Rule of thumb, always put the pump after the reservoir. This allows the liquid to flow into the pump when you fill your loop.

does it matter if the pumps bottom ?

1 minute ago, vramnik7 said:

elaborate? 

2 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

The liquid needs to flow from the reservoir into the pump by gravity, so the pump will never run dry. 

The point of the OP's question has been completely missed! I tend to prefer the combos for simplicity, however there are some amazing looking separate pumps and reservoirs. If you can spend the extra $$$ on the required fittings etc then go for separate

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The liquid needs to flow from the reservoir into the pump by gravity, so the pump will never run dry. 

Something like this ? :)

350x700px-LL-419e4c23_DSCN3286.jpg

1 minute ago, vramnik7 said:

Something like this ? :)

350x700px-LL-419e4c23_DSCN3286.jpg

Yes. So long as the liquid can flow into the pump on its own, it should be fine. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yes. So long as the liquid can flow into the pump on its own, it should be fine. 

Alright :)

Prefer they are separate for looks.

But the combo is easier.

Ive done one of each. Even has the rad before the pump but I knew of it and filled the loop accordingly.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz