Monitor refuses to provide 'signal' when connected to gpu and integrated gpu

Hi, recently built me my own budget gaming pc.

All parts can be located here:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mfknNN

My monitor has both dvi and vga connector. I only have a vga cable. My dedicated gpu came with a dvi to vga adapter. Problem is when the adapter is plugged into the card and then plugged into the monitor. Once pc turns on the monitor displays a message "attention, no signal" I then tried reseatting the gpu, no avail. I then tried taking the gpu out and using the onboard graphics. The motherboard only has a vga port. Using the vga cable i plugged it into the motherboard and monitor. Same issue, no signal on monitor. Double checked wiring, tried using 1 ram, different ram slots, using another cpu (I3 3220), no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Faulty monitor? If you still have warranty, take it to the manufacturer and tell them about it.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Thanks for reply, i have an old family desktop and connected the vga on the motherboard to the same monitor and it boots up fine. I have no idea what it could be.

9 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Faulty monitor? If you still have warranty, take it to the manufacturer and tell them about it.

Ya, this is like a last resort kinda thing, not first guess. Did you get the right drivers?

Then it might be a mobo issue. The monitor you said works on your other PC but not this one and the one you have right now--you just built. Same suggestion, contact your mobo manufacturer and see what's up.

8 minutes ago, ImperialSteele said:

Ya, this is like a last resort kinda thing, not first guess. Did you get the right drivers?

This is a newly built system, that does not display anything on a monitor via onboard vga and gpu dvi. Is there a way to get drivers without going into bios? Since i cannot get access to the monitor.

6 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Then it might be a mobo issue. The monitor you said works on your other PC but not this one and the one you have right now--you just built. Same suggestion, contact your mobo manufacturer and see what's up

Mmm, does it help that the cpu fans, system fans and gpu fans are all spinning when i press the power button? Also the usb port on the motherboard seems to work just fine with my mouse.

23 minutes ago, Jazz Asiata said:

Mmm, does it help that the cpu fans, system fans and gpu fans are all spinning when i press the power button? Also the usb port on the motherboard seems to work just fine with my mouse.

But then the PCI-Express does not work according to what you said and what I am inferring. 

5 hours ago, Jazz Asiata said:

This is a newly built system, that does not display anything on a monitor via onboard vga and gpu dvi. Is there a way to get drivers without going into bios? Since i cannot get access to the monitor.

You don't do anything with Drivers in BIOS, they should be on the mobo DVD