Looking for opinions on this cable tie gun I found online

Go to solution Solved by tlink,

it has tention control, you can dictate yourself how tight you put it. honestly though for that price you might as well buy velcro straps.

Hello LTT users!

I found this cable tie gun thingy on PC Case Gear (link below). It looks really cool and nifty, but I'm worried about a couple things:

1) What if one of the wires gets cut in the mechanism that pulls on and then cuts off the cable tie?

2) What if it pulls ties so tight they cut into the casings of the wires I'm trying to manage.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/37688/cable-tie-gun

I have not bought this, at least not yet. I'm just looking to see if anyone else shares my concerns.

-Darren

it has tention control, you can dictate yourself how tight you put it. honestly though for that price you might as well buy velcro straps.

I use those little twisty ties that I get with my trash bags. My land lord provides me with us with a pack of 100 every month.

If I bought it, it wouldn't be for my own use. I thought about maybe buying it for my brother that lives off with my mother.

I really only find a cable tie gun useful if you're using heavy duty ties and are managing awkward things like multiple buried cables.  For PC building it's not really useful unless your arms don't work very well.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

15 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

I really only find a cable tie gun useful if you're using heavy duty ties and are managing awkward things like multiple buried cables.  For PC building it's not really useful unless your arms don't work very well.

I've already decided not to buy it.

But while we're on this subject... Does not having arms count? Kidding.

13 hours ago, weberdarren97 said:

I've already decided not to buy it.

But while we're on this subject... Does not having arms count? Kidding.

I'm not sure what you mean but some people have muscular/bone issues with grip strength or mono or whatever so they can't just tighten it

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers