help with 1st time cable sleeving

hi i just have a few questions as to how to go about doing custom cable sleeving with my PC. 

Q1. i noticed that my 24 pin is has 2 wires in some sockets and no wires in others, would i be able to just sleeve my cables as a regular 24 pin (meaning just route them one to one from connector to connector) or do i need to do something different?  also do i sleeve my mires so that each wire will go into the corresponding socket on each connector or is there a different way i should be doing it?

Q2. do i need specific wire or would any do? i am currently looking at items through mainframe and am not sure the difference between them, for example 18awg wire vs 16awg wire i'm not entirely sure what it means.

https://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/wire/    < link to mainframe website with wire types<

Q3. i have a custom water cooling loop in my pc and wanted to sleeve a wire bc i dont like how the pwm connector for the mobo looks with its blue and green exposed cord would a fan connector be fine to sleeve with?

Q4. i have a 6 pin power connector that connects to my gpu but the wire currently on my psu is a 6+2pin would i need to sleeve the whole 6+2 pin or is there some way i can just sleeve the 6 pin for it to work.

Q5. kind of similar to the last one bot would i need so sleeve my CPU cable as a 4+4 or can i do 8 pin?

here's a list of some of my system specs incase they are needed.

system specs- 

psu: supernova 750 g2

mobo: z170 gigabyte designare

gpu: rx 480 Reference 

cpu: i5 6600k

Thanks for the help :)

image below is not of my psu but shows what i mean when i say missing pins

negfive.jpg

I would recommend not sleeving your own, you can buy sleeved cables, and sleeving then is a helluva lot of effort. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

22 minutes ago, toibi said:

Q1. i noticed that my 24 pin is has 2 wires in some sockets and no wires in others, would i be able to just sleeve my cables as a regular 24 pin (meaning just route them one to one from connector to connector) or do i need to do something different?  also do i sleeve my mires so that each wire will go into the corresponding socket on each connector or is there a different way i should be doing it?

Every power supply manufacturer has their own pin-out design, so whatever the order is on your G2 right now you must keep it that way otherwise it won't work once you plug it in. Where there is an empty socket, leave it empty and then there are 2 wires you need to leave it that way. Where I had 2 wires coming out of 1 pin, I wired up a single one out of the PSU side, ran a wire to one of the pins on the motherboard side and then about 6" from the end I'd splice another cable in so that both the PSU and motherboard sides looked clean and straight (it also helps with cable combs if you plan to use them).

Q2. do i need specific wire or would any do? i am currently looking at items through mainframe and am not sure the difference between them, for example 18awg wire vs 16awg wire i'm not entirely sure what it means.

https://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/wire/    < link to mainframe website with wire types<

I personally use 16 AWG cabling, but 16 or 18 are perfectly fine.

Q3. i have a custom water cooling loop in my pc and wanted to sleeve a wire bc i dont like how the pwm connector for the mobo looks with its blue and green exposed cord would a fan connector be fine to sleeve with?

Yes they are fine. I have done several of them. Just remember which color goes to which pin, then disconnect them from the plug, tape them up and sleeve away.

Q4. i have a 6 pin power connector that connects to my gpu but the wire currently on my psu is a 6+2pin would i need to sleeve the whole 6+2 pin or is there some way i can just sleeve the 6 pin for it to work.

If you are buying 16/18 AWG wire then I'd make your own 6-pin then you can disregard the +2 cables.

Q5. kind of similar to the last one bot would i need so sleeve my CPU cable as a 4+4 or can i do 8 pin?

You can do it as an 8-pin but remember that EPS and PCI-e blocks have different style connectors so make sure you get the correct one.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Also I forgot to add, Lutro0 posted up a great pin-out resource for PSUs here .. http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

5 hours ago, toibi said:

-SNIP-

If your interested I have a guide here under PSU and Connector Pinouts, and Sleeving which would go over most of that and reference material. 

-Moved to Modding Section-