Did i screw up?

MrAlbertrocks

After months of thinking about it i finally picked up an acer xb271h about a week ago. Awesome monitor, i was extremely happy until i found out that HDR gaming monitors were being released this year. Did i screw up? I feel like i got a monitor that will soon be outdated and replaced by this new technology. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

After months of thinking about it i finally picked up an acer xb271h about a week ago. Awesome monitor, i was extremely happy until i found out that HDR gaming monitors were being released this year. Did i screw up? I feel like i got a monitor that will soon be outdated and replaced by this new technology. What do you think?

There's always something new headed out, if it bothers you return it and get a HDR on release

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Technology is constantly advancing and out-dating itself. If you absolutely love your new monitor I would recommend sticking with it, but if really have the fire ants in your britches, to get an HDR monitor, then send it back and wait.

HDR monitors are really expensive right now, and you're not missing out on a ton. that being said, displays are a tech category that's moving really fast right now, so when you buy a display, expect the next generation to be noticeably better than yours.

Power supplies, on the other hand, are an example of a tech category that is currently moving very slowly, which is why you can buy a 5-year old PSU, look at some newer models that just came out, and not notice too big a difference.

personally, I'm waiting until display evolution slows down a bit before I upgrade my monitor.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4